Combine coverage/Pro Day Schedule

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's the least I can do for you.

2. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

As an Indianapolis-area resident, I went down to the combine facility last year. Sure, I could not get in the RCA Dome. However, the convention center is connected to the RCA Dome and the hotels are just across the street. It was very cool to see all coaches, GM's, and some owners walking past as well as the various media outlets.

With the NFL network airing coverage, I think it brings much more attention to the prospects taking part in the various drills. It also another reason for football fans to get excited in February. I think some players see it as a chance to showcase their talents for not only the coaches, GM's, and player personnel, but for the national viewing audience as well. However, the flip-side to that coin is that some players (particularly big name prospets) may be less-willing to take part in the drills and opt for a private workout on their home turf for fear of a potential drop in draft stock not only in front of NFL player personnel, but the national vieiwing audience.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

My son works with a lawyer who had a lot of sports contacts, and the two of them have been invited to the Combine this year. I shouldn't say the names of the guys who invited them, but THEY will be participating.

I realize some invitees may be reluctant to do some of the drills because of unfamiliarity, but I look at it sort of like the Senior Bowl -- it's another place to be tested on a level playing field. For the high-profile guys who don't throw, catch, etc., because they want to do that with teammates on their home field, that tells me they aren't gamblers and want to play only within their comfort level.

I don't think NOT participating will hurt them, but it DOES say something about their personality when they won't participate in something where the "rules" are the same for everyone at their position.

4. IndyTitan

IndyTitan So Peter...

Great points, Sunshine.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar