Combine/Draft opinion's so far.......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gran54

gran54 Starter

There's a couple things that I have noticed so far. Some I like and some I don't:

First and for most I want nothing to do with Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert. Before the combine I wasn't a fan of either and even more so now then before. Cam has A LOT to work on..... yes he is an impressive athlete, but as far as his throws he needs to put in a lot of time which is something we don't have. As far as Blaine Gabbert goes, I think not throwing today doesn't really hurt him to much, but I did catch him saying that his pro day is more of a "controlled environment" which in my opinion is crap. If there's millions on the table, I'm going out and working every drill and showing I have nothing to hide, pretty much everyone else threw. Also heard Todd McShay say that Ryan Mallett/Christian Ponder were the top two as far as throws today (which doesn't mean much because no one is in their face) but say we hopefully got best defensive player available in the first, I would not mind taking one of these two guys in the second.

What else I know. Von Miller is a freak, I've heard/watched him through his whole junior and senior seasons and while I think he would be great for our team (at either DE or OLB) I'm afraid he is going to be gone by the 8th pick. Robert Quinn is not the player Von Miller is....... Too much is in Miller's favor right now: better combine, senior bowl, and actually playing this past season.

Also I would not mind taking Marcell Dareus at 8, but once again with what he showed today in his combine workout (out performing Nick Fairley) shows that he could be the top DT in this Draft........ maybe the #1 overall pick. I am not a Fairley fan at all, did not hear anything about the guy until right before the National Championship game. Just my opinion, but he kind of reminds me of a guy with the last name of Haynesworth and not in a good way (ring any bells Washington?)

Tomorrow is going to be the Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara show. Either one of these guys would be a great addition to our team and both are the "shutdown" corners you hear about. There's only two in the league right now so you know they are pretty rare. Peterson will most likely me gone, but Prince is no scrub to Peterson. Big fan of these two and really they are the reason this class is so solid as far as cornerbacks. Not much to say for the rest.

Not that this topic really affects us, but Julio Jones showed up yesterday. Outperformed A.J. Green, but heard some people talking on NFL Network about the possibility of him jumping A.J. and I thought have they lost their mind?! I believe Julio may have forced his way into the top 10 with his performance though. Did you see that broad jump?!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. 24

24 Starter

Julio Jones fractured his foot, apparently out 8 weeks. Could hurt his stock back to where it was before the combine.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Keep in mind that Julio Jones doesn't play to 4.3 speed while AJ Green plays faster than his timed speed. There's a reason you play the game in pads. If the Raiders want to go a grab Julio...more power to ya. I'd take AJ Green if going WR.

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The Raiders don't have a 1st to waste this year.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

they'll find a way..

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

He had a metal plate put in his hand last season, and set some records at Alabama the same week, one week after breaking his hand.

Whats crazy about the guy is that if he broke his foot during the season, hed still play and barely miss a beat. He has a reputation for that. Id be quite shocked if at any point over the last year he had done anythig to take him out of the top ten.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Foot different than Hand, big difference!!!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Prince Amukamura ran a 4.37 and 4.44. The only question about him was his long speed, that shouldn't be an issue now.

Maybe Schwartz will want a trade partner to get into the top ten to grab him? :brow:

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The draft has done two things for me. It's put Locker ahead of Newton & Mallett for me, as well as tell us we need to back off any Safety prospects we were pursuing. NONE of the Safeties did anything to make me want one before the 3rd or 4th round. I'm not even sure there is a rookie Safety better than Chris Hope right now.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

first part makes sense from your opinion standpoint and second part makes terrible idea....i would much rather take a rookie over hope.....

i personally wouldnt mind see myron getting a shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar