Comcast yanking NFL Network

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I have 2 HD-DVR's
    and signal to a total of 5 TV's in my house
    that setup would cost a fortune with DirecTV
    the HD-DVR's alone will cost $299 each ($600) to LEASE

they both cost me a total of $5 a month
    and the only time they go out is when there's a power outage - not rain
    I might consider satelite when the range of HD channels goes up
    but I'd probably choose DishNetwork first, because they don't charge an arm and a leg for the HD-DVR's

2. In the end, it might actually be cheaper to keep Comcast and pay more for NFLN. And I certainly wouldn't suggest satellite for your internet connection as long as you can get DSL or cable.

Do you need to get another phone line anyway if you drop Comcast, or are you just using cellphones? That would basically decide whether I'd say (if you switch to DirecTV) to go with DSL or keep Comcast just for internet.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We just use the cell phones now.

Until the NFL Network is offered in 1080i, I think I'll just not order it. :moon:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this was posted by Nine on (ahem) another fan forum
    one of the best explanations of why this happened
    as I see it, this was not a way for Comcast to screw it's subscribers, but a way to screw the NFLN

5. TitanJeff

6. TitanJeff

Ooooooo... Comcast just announced they are adding two more HD channels on August 31!!!!

The Food Network and HGTV. :moon:

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I read today that you can get NFL Network for $2.99 a month until the end of the year, then it's 5 bucks more a month.
    I might add it just to watch the games they show during the season. I don't watch it much in the off season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar