Comebacks: Young vs. Elway vs. Brady vs. Montana vs. Marino

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:spit:

:biglaugh:

2. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

I'm still pissed at Nate for that drop. Biggest drop of the year :/

btw

Moon > all

end of discussion

3. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Thats because Montana, Elway, Marino and Brady usually doesn't have to come from behind... They had usually put up enough points by the 4th qrt that they were already ahead!!

4. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Not sure why people getty p%ssy on this sort of topic. As to the main point, Vince is clutch, its obviously true. He's always been that way. He doesn't bat 1000, of course, but he's pulled the rabbit out the hat many times as a Titan, just like he did at earlier stages of his career. Its part of his M.O. Just like its part of what made Montana, Elway and Staubach beloved by their fans. Vince has a way of finding a way to pull out the win. Its a key reason he can be so much fun to watch.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Excellent post. Bottom line, dude gets it done. 26-13 overall. It's evident that he's grown up and matured. He's getting better and has shown signs of improvement in all aspects. I've never once doubted the ability of Vince Young. NO ONE CAN DISPUTE THAT. Vince Young has the ability to produce a touchdown anytime he touches the ball and could be the most dangerous player in the league next year.

The thing I worry about with Vince Young is that his style of play is quite risky. Granted, he has an unbelievable ability to get out of bounds when he has to run and so did Steve McNair.

Steve McNair was an iron man and played injured most of his career. Can Vince Young do the same? I don't really care what VY weeks 1-6 look like. I care about VY weeks 7-18. Can his body take the toll? He has always had these injuries that are of the lingering variety.

Go look at the film, VY is not afraid to use his body if need be and no one is questioning his toughness, but let's be practical. The violent collisions of the NFL will eventually get the best of him if he continues to run around. Wasn't he injured a bit during this past season?

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

VY isn't as injury prone as you think. Rookie year, no injuries, maybe a small one that had him out 1 play. 2007, quad injury had him out. 2008 got hit in the knee. 2009 he got hit in the colts game causing him to rehab during the week which made him miss out on stretching. Leading to him pulling a muscle vs the rams which he left and returned the following week. So it just seems it's usually from a hit. VY isn't like you know Albert Haynesworth needing a play off every series.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Call me crazy, but it seems to me like a lot of Vinces injuries coinside with bad plays. Seems like every time he makes a dumb decision or a bad throw he comes off the ground limping around a little. Like a soccer player. IDK, maybe I'm just reading into it.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I only remember two injuries off the top of my head. He pulled up lame running for a first down in one game. Hammy was gone. And Didn't he hit Lendale in the hands on the last injury and Lendale dropped it. That's how I remember it in my own mind. I don't recall them as bad plays at all. but those are the only two I remember.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

You mean like in 08 when he got hit in the knee while throwing a dump pass to lendale which he dropped? Or in 07 when he hurt his quad scrambling for yds? Or this year when he pulled a hammy running for about 40yds? :rolleyes: Am i missing anything? Oh and every injury he has had during a game, we still won, except for the tampa game that we loss by a FG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar