COMICS & SUPERHERO TV Shows

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is a lot more to the huge divide between Nolan Batman flicks and the popular Marvel movies of recent past than just being dark.. Maybe something to do with having dynamic (see what I did there) characters and dialogue that isn't one cliche after another. It's barely a step up from watching football players repeat the same stupid stuff on gameday. After a while it might as well be in an African clicking language.

What the the Marvel movie universe have to do with any of this anyway? They could accomplish improvements to originality, story and characters and remain within the Marvel universe..
    To me Winter Soldier wasn't anything special. Just more cliches and choreographed fighting and 'splosions..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It seems to me that Nolan was trying to make a quality film while Marvel was just trying to put a comic book on the silver screen. I think it's just fine.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Batman can function that way... A lot of "normal" characters in Batman.

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

You have a broad definition of normal.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

Hence the quotes.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

The Joker... regular guy.
    Two-Face... regular guy.
    Ras Aghul(sp?)... without pits, regular guy.
    Talia... regular girl.
    "Catwoman"... not even called that. Regular girl.
    Scarecrow... regular guy.
    Bane... without venom, regular guy.

Can't do that with a LARGE number of comic characters.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Insert random comic hero/villain _______________ and remove whatever makes them interesting = regular guy/girl

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Miss the point. Regular people, but relevant and, mostly, maintain what makes them... them.

Joker... normal.
    Penguin... normal.
    Batman... normal.
    Robin... normal.
    Batgirl... normal.

No powers to take away.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'd contend the only character in Nolan's Batman that needed to be made "normal" is Bane.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Penguin was bitten by a radioactive penguin during a school field trip.

Batman villains are all representative of psychological conditions or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar