Commentary on Social Disobedience

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SwingOnDeezBalz, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mugabe?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9PQ2gOrnQ

What does boxing have to do with this discussion?

Evil people like hitler or amin will always be there. The world just deals with them differently. Today you have alliances like nato for that and the united nations. Europe which was always at war all the time is now a consortium of friendly countries with the same currency. Saddam hussein? Hello?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

people in the United States according to the 1960 census.
    United States Census, 1960

people in the United States according to the 2000 census.
    United States Census, 2000

102,098,731 more Americans in 2000 than 1960...
    a forty year span.

How can over one hundred million more people have the same amount or less sex?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

not to make an example out of you or anything, this is just a public service announcement, but just beneath the area to copy the watch link from youtube is html code to copy to the clipboard. This is how embeds are done. It is clearly labeled "embed". Again, that it on the right side of the screen in the area where you copy the url. Other websites offer similar html to embed.
    it looks more or less like the above.

here, an example.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yT9PQ2gOrnQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yT9PQ2gOrnQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I've been asked by a number of people over time about how that's done. It's really easy. You just have to know what to look for. It's spread like wild fire. Anyways, that's the 411 on embedding videos on the goTitans forum. By the way, you can only do this on the forums that have html enabled. This information is displayed in the bottom left hand corner in the posting rules.

5. H Man

H Man Guest

That's precisely what I was thinking!

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think your post has the right idea, but you are missing some of the real problems. I have read estimates that as many as 75% of kids raised in the ghetto never see their father (or even know who he is). Without a mentor, it's not a stretch to see someone like Jones who is very immature, all of a sudden get handed loads of money and take the wrong path. The element around him certainly doesn't help either. I would speculate he grew up around drugs and crime, and in his immature mind, being able to "run with the big dogs" would be his highest aspiration. It is really all he knows. With $6M he isn't all of a sudden going to be interested in joining a country club and playing golf. He is just going to try to impress other thugs, that sadly he once looked up to, due to his environment. Jamie Martin (ESPN) wrote a pretty interesting article about the "Black KKK" that is in vogue these days. Groups of them are wandering around, intimidating anyone around them, and flexing their muscles. Literally a reversal to the old days of the KKK intimidating blacks. So Pac and his posse have gone down this road, and now it's time to pay the piper. I frankly don't see how anyone is ever going to change him, but we can always have hope. Most "average" males don't mature until age 25 (thus the drop in insurance rates). Pac's environment is/was far from average, so this is why I don't believe his going to have some magic transformation. He is "bad news", and it's doubtful anyone is going to step up and take him under the wing. Most are going to avoid him like the plague. Pac is still one of these people that is not sorry for what he did, but sorry he got caught. I believe this is why there was no hesitation in signing Harper. As talented as Pac is, you cannot let one person destroy a team.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

One of the rare times I (mostly) agree with you.

However what most of the choir boys here fail to realise is that because they live a good life and because Bulluck managed to get himself out of that situation it is automatically a simple and easy to do.
    But for even Keith Bulluck there are dozens of Pacman types (just not in the NFL).
    How often do you hear about the dozens who failed compared to the few who make it. And just because Bulluck did it, doesn't mean it is easy, simple and it doesn't mean Pacman is automatically going to be successful.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But he has made it, and he is successful. Not to discount the disadvantages he had growing up, but that cant be used as an excuse the rest of his life. At some point he has to grow up and take advantage of the opportunities he has. It is nothing to do with a choir boy perspective as you put it, it has to do with the realities of life. At this point his upbring is more or less an excuse, because he did over come all of that to put himself in a good position in life. Now it is just a matter of either making the most of it, or pissing it away.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The realities are what they are. Having money and playing in the NFL doesn't mean he has outgrown the personality he has picked up over the years of tough neighbourhoods and no father.
    He only got lucky he was blessed with so much athleticism he was drafted, his maturity and personality hasn't changed, even with money. That much is evident because of his arrests and the situations he has been in.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Luck and natural abilities can take you a long way in life. Doesnt matter how he got where he is, the fact of the matter is he is in a position where he can more or less coast through life. And I worked in inner-city school programs for years. I can certainly sympathize with his situation growing up. But it is hard for me to find sympathy for someone with millions of dollars who seems to put his image above his life and career. The rough part for him is over. Anything now is done by his own stupid actions and decisions and falls as his responsibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar