Comparison how Favre and Mcnair have been handled by their teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 35yardline, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man, I hate that game:irked:

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Favre is being a jerk also. The Packers need to know if he is coming back or not. His response"What are they going to do CUT ME"
    Heck ya I would. Your game isn't what it use to be either..go join Mcnair in Mississippi and cut that field with your John Deere

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I fail to understand how they are two entirely different situations. If a player is somehow hurting his team, it's the job of the FO to deal with this situation as soon as possible for the best interest of the team.

I don't understand this logic... so because Favre is HOF, we'll let him start the next 2-3 years, let him throw as my INTs as he wants while watching us go to bottom of the division every year?

4. 35yardline

35yardline Guest

I see it as an issue of (what is best for the team) versus (public relations damage). Everyone who understands NFL football realizes that we can't afford to pay McNair his contracted salary if we want to be a competitive team in the near future. However, you destroy the remainder of the fan base when the FO appears callous to the past-his-prime team hero. It was not an accident that this was announced when Fisher was out-of-town so he could distance himself from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar