Completion % Locker vs Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I wasn't posting this thread to say that Jake is better than Luck. He obviously isn't. The point is, the main knock against Jake is his accuracy and his completion % which measures accuracy is better than the overhyped Luck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

cool pic with the future ex-Titans coach.

;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

you have to take into account what kind of passes they're throwing. A large part of our "run game" was Locker tossing it out to Wright for a measly gain. Those all inflate the numbers. 36 percent of locker's completions were to Kendall W. and we know the vast majority of those were those guaranteed reception kind of plays.

Run Locker through the paces in every pass (short, med, deep, etc.) and Luck would show how much more accurate he really is than Locker.
    Tebow could have a 100% completion rating if all he threw were screens (hypothetically)

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Nick you just described 90% of Luck's throws too just fyi.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

sLuck's team got a ton of home cookin and away cookin as well

That 'W' the ponies got in Nashville was a complete fraud - as a for instance.

6. nickmsmith

Over half of Luck's yards were from TY Hilton or Reggie Wayne. Those guys are generally not your screen guys. Those are your homerun threats.

Not discrediting the fact that they both get credit for short passes, though. I just don't think anyone who has seen both teams play all season can argue that Locker is a more accurate QB.

Luck has plenty of work to do, but I feel like the upside is there for him. Locker makes me want to puke.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake has been in a pro style offense for only 4 years, he'll improve

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah. You don't end up with just shy of 4,400 yards throwing a bunch of dink and dunk passes.

Luck looks to be the real deal (unfortunately). And he can make all the throws. Sure he has things he needs to work on. But he's a rookie. I'd be ecstatic if Locker were as far along as Luck.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I prefer to look at it as a cool picture with a former Houston Oiler great and the best OL coach we have ever had.................... Dat's it!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Neither one are very good currently.

Now make the next thread about the exact same thing. THIS TIME, VY vs Locker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar