Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Completion % Locker vs Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 7, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,413
    I wasn't posting this thread to say that Jake is better than Luck. He obviously isn't. The point is, the main knock against Jake is his accuracy and his completion % which measures accuracy is better than the overhyped Luck.
    The Hammer and JCBRAVE high five this.
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,185
    cool pic with the future ex-Titans coach.

;)
    Obie09 high fives this.
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,185
    you have to take into account what kind of passes they're throwing. A large part of our "run game" was Locker tossing it out to Wright for a measly gain. Those all inflate the numbers. 36 percent of locker's completions were to Kendall W. and we know the vast majority of those were those guaranteed reception kind of plays.

Run Locker through the paces in every pass (short, med, deep, etc.) and Luck would show how much more accurate he really is than Locker.
    Tebow could have a 100% completion rating if all he threw were screens (hypothetically)
  4. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $1,373
    Nick you just described 90% of Luck's throws too just fyi.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $148
    sLuck's team got a ton of home cookin and away cookin as well

That 'W' the ponies got in Nashville was a complete fraud - as a for instance.
  5. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $21,185
    Over half of Luck's yards were from TY Hilton or Reggie Wayne. Those guys are generally not your screen guys. Those are your homerun threats.

Not discrediting the fact that they both get credit for short passes, though. I just don't think anyone who has seen both teams play all season can argue that Locker is a more accurate QB.

Luck has plenty of work to do, but I feel like the upside is there for him. Locker makes me want to puke.
    Titanup1982 and Riverman high five this.
  6. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,467
    Jake has been in a pro style offense for only 4 years, he'll improve
    Obie09 and Riverman high five this.
  7. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $11,157
    Yeah. You don't end up with just shy of 4,400 yards throwing a bunch of dink and dunk passes.

Luck looks to be the real deal (unfortunately). And he can make all the throws. Sure he has things he needs to work on. But he's a rookie. I'd be ecstatic if Locker were as far along as Luck.
    Titanup1982, nickmsmith and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  8. The Hammer I already got half a buzz on

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $127,131
    I prefer to look at it as a cool picture with a former Houston Oiler great and the best OL coach we have ever had.................... Dat's it!
    2ToneBlueBlood high fives this.
  9. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $1,357
    Neither one are very good currently.

Now make the next thread about the exact same thing. THIS TIME, VY vs Locker!