Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Completion % Locker vs Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 7, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. MaxFischer Rookie

Moolah:
    $268
    You could say that college success doesn't guarantee NFL success, but you have to admit that successful college players are more likely than unsuccessful college players to be good in the NFL.
    nickmsmith high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,378
    Probably because unsuccessful players don't get drafted.
    nickmsmith high fives this.
  2. PRAY IV M3RCY Rookie

Moolah:
    $820
    hell i still think we reached on that draft pick on locker to early. what makes the pick so bad was not only because we were reaching but because we anticipated him being a project and learning from a vet which was hasslebeck. Well after a year he comes out this season and plays horrible majority of the season. I know some will excuse him for being hurt not starting alot of games but we never anticipated him getting alot of experience from the field, he was expected to learn from the sidelines. Even still i know we would have growing pains omce he was pronounced the starter but are u telling me practice and offseason work is excused as well. Thats where he should be improving his weaknesses which is mostly his accuracy and anticipation. Now all i understand is that if he isnt on the field for awhile everything he has worked on goes to waste and we are back at ground zero. So it scares me to wonder if he gets hurt again how much of his fundamentals goes down the drain.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    Eric Crouch, Jason White, Tim Tebow, all Heisman winners, how's the NFL treating those 3?
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    Troy Smith as a matter of fact, another NCAA stud, sucks in the NFL.
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,675
    Some people on here are acting like no matter how bad a situation a QB is in, they should win no matter what and there's no excuse good enough for not succeeding. Horrible O-line, horrible OC, dropped passes, injuries, patchwork offensive line. Nope, should have still lit it up in his first season as a starter.

Steve McNair's first year as a starter 52% completion percentage. Peyton's first year, 3-13 record. Ahh, let's get rid of them. SCRUBS!
  6. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,577
    Put a half decent SS over there with him and he'd look like a Pro Bowler
  7. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,414
    There are about 5 sure picks per draft. Everything else is based off possibility and studying the player all around. From ability on the field to how well they pick up on things in the class room to their mentality.

It's a big exercise. That can't be pigeon holed into "star" and "bust" before seeing them play in the NFL.

How many of these spread offenses are happening in college? QB just slinging the ball around like cray cray.... Doesn't mean squat for the pros tho.
    Obie09 high fives this.
  8. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    Get a half decent SS, an amazing D-line and he might be barely acceptable, he'll still miss 25 tackles a year though, so F***k Wiffin.
  9. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $673
    He gave up more completions per target than any of our starting defensive backs. A lot more yards too, I believe. He gets burnt even when he's giving the most cushion. He's not terrible. but he's not good either. you know what they say about players that need good players surrounding them.