Computer Internet help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanKid4Life, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alright i was using firefox and the google thing still doesnt work, so do any of u guys know what could be wrong with it because i ran the spybot 2 times and it never fixed the google thing

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If you go to yahoo.com and search google, then click the search result link for google.com what happens? Will google pull up that way?

4. im not sure, ill check when i get back home, all the posts that i have had today i have been at school in our computer lab, but i think that i did it last nightand it would work. ill try it again tho

which dou guys think is better firefox or theinternet explorer as far as bring up web pages the fastest and what not

5. Broken Record

Firefox is generally more secure and its built in pop up blocker helps out quite a bit. I don't think, as a general rule, that you'll see much, if any, performance increase in one browser over the other. Use Firefox most of the time (the tabbed browsing is very cool), but from time to time you'll find a website that doesn't display properly in Firefox and you'll be forced to use IE.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

FireFox is the way to go. Unfortunately some people can't figure out how to program for non-IE browsers :(

7. what were u talking about with the tab searching?

8. Broken Record

You can have several sites open at once, but they display as tabs in one window instead of in different windows. You just click the tab at the top of your screen to switch between sites.

As a side note, I've heard that IE is going to have tabs in its next version. Also, the yahoo toolbar for IE adds tabs to the screen.

Once you get used to using them, you'll never want to be without them. Just hit CTRL-T on your keyboard to open a new tab. Also, when you are browsing and you see a link you can right click the link and have it open in a new tab. The new tab actually loads in the background instead of taking you away from the page you are currently viewing.

9. titanfan53

titanfan53 put me in coach

alright guys (more computer literate than me) i am running firefox but am still getting dang popups and in the corner of the popup box on the upper left corner it has the ie symbol you know the e thing. how the heck do i stop this from happening??? also which anti-virus is everyone running...may sound like a tight *** but....a free one is one i am looking for..thanks

10. Broken Record

What's the address for one of the pages you are going to where you get a popup using Firefox?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar