Computer Internet help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanKid4Life, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does Google just not load at all, or does some other page load in its place?

2. Try ad-aware and spybot. Soundslike some kind of adware creating those popups.

AVG

3. ya it doesnt load at all, but my dad told me today that his isnt working either, and i have wireless connection, so i think its something with his, and im using the tabs and i love them, but aim.com wont come up either, and everytime i try to sign in through aol.com it takes me to a problem loading page this is really annoying, and thank u for ur help so far

4. alright guys well my dad fixed it, he had to take something out for 30seconds - 1 min and it fixed the google and aim ordeal thanks for the help guys, and spybot really works, and i remember using firefox before, and i like it a lot better than ie

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be able to surf without TAB BROWSING

basically one singular open Browser window can incorporate multiple pages or tabs, whick splay and hide along the toolbar

it's so much better than having 15 open IE Windows

Safari has always used it
    FireFox stole the idea but it works well

for anyone using Firefox, it is a stripped down version of Safari

6. Could have been a malfunctioning router that he unplugged for a bit?

I had a cousin who couldn't get onto AOL and I spent 2 hours trying to get it to no avail. All they had to do was unplug the router for a few seconds...

7. Mozilla/Firefox has been around much longer than Safari...

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Linksys routers are notorious for that. I have to unplug our Linksys wireless router about once/week.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Get a CS degree and prosecute hackers.

10. I have a netgear that would sometimes lose the entire DSL connection and othertimes only drop the wireless signal. I'd be unplugging it multiple times some days.

Now I have it running as a subordinate to an older linksys router (because it has no wireless) and now the netgear hasn't dropped in months (though 1 ethernet port burned out). I just can't explain it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar