Computer Internet help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanKid4Life, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puck thanks but i already knew how to work those, and yes i agree they work much better, but the only complaint that i have about them is that it seems to slow the comp down a lot while surfing the web, and ya he just had to un plug something for a few seconds then put it back in, and we do have a linksys router but thats the very first time that, thats happened to me

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It's not like tabbing was invented for browsers you know. It's been in use with Text Editors for ages.

And what makes FireFox a stripped down version of Safari?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am actually looking into Computer Science or Information Systems to study next year.

Depends of work availability when I finish the course.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I had the same problem. Guess what the culprit was?

A weak line splitter under the house. It's so intermittent that you think the problem is software....got a techie out to investigate, and meters found the problem.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and how much $$ later?

6. depends on how long the guy was there and how much he gets paid per hour

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i had a small issue like that with Comcast

and the solution was quite simple - 'underload'. the modem wasn't getting quite hot enough of a drive to keep a lock

SOLUTION: where the main cable line hits my house we put a 2-way splitter - 1 side STRICTLY for the Internet connection
    - side 2 - STRICTLY for Digital / HDTV Cable

that fixed things right up
    I had been hitting the modem after about the 3rd break in the line (meaning at the 3rd splitter in house using close to 5 splitters)

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

SO ? Which browser was the first to incorporate it into Web-Browsing ? that is the topic of the conversation is it not ? or is this a TextEdit thread ?

lets see,... tabbed browsing / integrated google / similar GUI
    less functional than Safari .... it's a stripped rip
    it is a clone of Safari

but definitely my favorite WinPC browser

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw ,....

I just downloaded the latest version of FireFox
    and it's not quite as user-frienfdly as Safari
    I saw no quick way to start new tabs (right click) nor am I able to add catalogued bookmarks to the address bar

also, the bulk of the address / tab / bookmark toolbars is considerably larger using FireFox

but, again, it is (imo) the coolest browser available for WinPC's - but it still far behind Safari in ease of use and functionality

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But how is it "stealing" from Safari, when Safari wasn't the first progam to use it?

ok, so you can't have folders on the Bookmark toolbar.

If you want fast navigation for FireFox just grab a gesture extension of your fancy.

And what in FireFox's GUI do you feel is from Safari? My GUI looks like IE and Netscape did 10 years ago...

And while we're at it, how many features did Safari steal from Opera?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar