Concrete evidence that Vince Young has no place in the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This dude is smarter than people give him credit. Every Sunday, Monday and Thursday for the next decade will be fine by me.
  2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

This guy has got to show he can stand in the pocket, read the defense and make the throw with pressure closing in without pulling a Vick and running.

The guy has the size and no doubt has the skills, but does he have the ability to adjust his mental approach to the game in that he doesn't panic the first read he sees that is covered and takes off.

I do not want a Vick like QB on this team.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yikes!

Some of the moves he makes are absolutely sick! And he runs through arm tackles like they are nothing whether they are linebackers or lineman. Certainly stronger and much bigger than vick and it's not hard to imagine him @ 240 lbs a year or two from now. Very probably a better runner than mcnair or mcnabb.

His arm strength is no longer an issue. His throws in the workouts had plenty of velocity and he throws a nice deep ball. Only issue is his ability to adapt to a pro offense.

To make a case for young consider that vick was the first pick in the whole 2001 draft. Vick is 6'0 215 lbs. Young is almost 6'5 230. If the argument can be made that these guys have similar tools than isn't young worth a third pick?

If we feel we have to draft a QB i would rather have him because he has the most star potential.

Did you guys notice how much seperation he gets from a tackler when he makes a lateral move? He can slide sideways 2-3 yards. He must have very strong legs.
  4. danny

danny Guest

A lot worse could happen than the Titans winding up with Young. Helluva football player.
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

There was one play in the youtube vid that showed him run down a defender that was taking the apparent int to the house... He did tackle him a bit high but to be honest with you... this is hard for me to express... Who does that? People made a big deal about Big Ben's game saver in the divisional round, but gee whiz... if you missed it it is appoximately 1/4-1/3 way through the video... He ran him down and tackled him like a safety would... There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Vince Young will be one of the greatest qb's since FA and possibly the merger... I can't say enough good things about this stud of a qb. Puck, with VY we will play on mondays.
  6. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

That pump fake at the start of the video was classic.

Me want Vince:brow:
  7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

funny,... we've had one since '95

Mc started it all
  8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

and hopefully Saturdays soon (playoffs) :brow:
  9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Just reaffirms how much we Need VY or even ML for that matter. Just not.................
  10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Compare VY more to Randall Cunningham then Vick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.