Concrete evidence that Vince Young has no place in the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Man im ordering a custom made Titans Vince Young jersey just so i can be the first one to have one after the draft. Ill be sick if we draft someone else :barf:

2. Man im ordering a custom made Titans Vince Young jersey just so i can be the first one to have one after the draft. Ill be sick if we draft someone else ...............Better get the barf-bag out cause its gonna be Matt L.(Thank God!!!) I do Not want Vince Young,He will get hurt bad in this league. I will give him credit where credit is due,he can scoot....thats it,period....He can not read an NFL 3-4 speed defense......I wish the Faiders GL with VY on the IR.....HOLLA!!!!

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

It must be 4:20 where ever you are, because with the #3 pick we're taking Young.

4. theprizdfighter

You need to watch the highlight reel from the Ohio St. game where VY won the game with his arm, not his legs. Vince put nice hard passes inbetween Ohio St. defenders numerous times for completions, and he did this in the pocket!! He stayed in the pocket took some hits, but made the passes. He didn't rely on his legs because his receivers were covered well. He stayed in the pocket and put the ball in some tight spaces. That game really showed what Vince can do with his arm.

The touch down pass that put the Longhorns ahead for good was just nasty!! A perfect touch pass right over two defenders; it also was a great catch.

Just some other nasty tid bits that I saw on the highlight reel I was looking at:

In the Oklahoma Un. game Vince ran the ball, and the D gang tackled him. 5 defenders trying to bring him down. Did he go down?? No. He went backwards yes, but he stayed on his feet. It was just sick. And no they weren't 5 defensive backs.

In the Colorado game, Vince straightup pancaked two defenders with one stiff-arm and kept on going. It was disgusting.

VY in nasty. He has some adjustments to make in the NFL, and their is bust-potential, but his real potential is too much to pass up. We need to draft VY!!!

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

your right, that is something I don't want to see. we have RB's who should run the ball not the QB. All he will end up doing is being hurt and missing games and practices. Sounds like McNair doesn't it:sad2:

6. theprizdfighter

Imagine VY under center. Chris Brown and Travis Henry splitbacks behind him. David Givens and Drew Bennett out wide, and Ben Troupe at the end of the line.

Think about that. Play-action, roll-out pass, hand-offs, fake to Henry pitch to Brown. Think about all the possibilities!!!! There are sooo many options. An offense like this would keep any D on their heels. Any D would be lost with an offense like that.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

So what is YOUR answer to the QB question? Let me guess..Cutler? And by the way...another Mcnair would be pretty #$%&ing good. He's been great for our team and he's been a winner. :grrr:

8. I wouldn't mind having another Steve Mcnair, who wouldn't

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Leinart or Cutler over Young any day of the week. A running QB very rarely last in the NFL. Mcnair's time has been cut short due to him running the ball. I don't want a QB who is going to be out hurt or not practice 3 days a week and hurt the team:sad2:

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I understand where you're coming from. But you make is sound as if Young has NO passing ability. I think he may become a better passer than Mcnair, or Vick for that matter, and he's already a better runner. I like the idea of defenses constantly on their heels because of the double threat qb. I think he's better than you give him credit. ML is a statue in the pocket..Cutler is a good qb, but I think he'll be very average in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar