Condensed Cian Fahey thoughts on Mariota

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rekirts, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm certainly not calling for Mariota's head. Only pointing out his share in the blame for some of the losses. He's a big boy and not a rookie anymore. Nothing wrong with pointing out his flaws.

Pretty sure I specifically said ST has been atrocious. For how little they are the on the field compared to offense and defense, they've been the worst of the bunch by a mile imo.

And again, not saying the defense has been amazing by any means. I just don't see how anyone can try to lay the blame for our losses directly on them, which is the comment I was responding to. They've been good to great at times and bad at others. I supposed you could say the same for the offense (except they've not really been "great" at any point in the season imo).

The point of my post wasn't to say that the defense doesn't share in any of the blame. Personally, I don't blame them quite as much as the offense though. And I sure as hell don't blame them as much as our special teams.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

If you truly believe that DHs ceiling is that much higher then 4.6 during his rookie season over a significant amount of snaps just LOL. The greatest RB in current time, AP , averaged 4.9 over his career. So between what Murray is currently playing and APs career average is a .3 YPC difference. Is DH going to be that much of a sure thing to beat out who is currently the number 3 RB in the league lol.

Ryan Leaf is a way better talent then Tom Brady. Brady wasn't better in high school, wasn't better in college and he won't be in the pros.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

Do you pay attention to the rest of the league or just the Titans? Cause last I checked Zeke is the leading rusher in football and he's a ROOOOOOOKKKKKIIIIEEEE so don't give me that college is college pros is the pros, if Zeke can do it I know damn well Henry can do it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

Then why is Ezekiel Elliot leading the league in rushing??? This is the facts: the Best players in college turn into the best players in the pros when you go by the percentages.

5. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I coulda swore the cowboys have the best C in the league, 2 top 10 OG, a top 5 LT.

DH is sitting at a 4.4YPC in a role which typically inflates YPC.

Zeke won't keep up 6YPC lol.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Thats why we drafted Henry.

They knew they were going to run Murray into the ground. Once his legs are done, DH takes over.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I loved the Henry pickup then and now...Kid is the truth. That said, he is not on Murray's level quite yet....Great move on JRob's part though...Fell into his lap with 3rd pick in the 2nd and he is a great compliment and replacement to Murray when that time comes. Very underrated hands as well.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

If the NFL is
    I coulda swore they had the same line last year and they didn't look so good after all did they? We got the best tackle combo now and we have the best back on the bench, if you watch every Henry run you'd see Two of his best runs this year got called back on penalties which would improve his ypc significantly provided he has soo few carries.

I compare our situation to the cardinals situation last year when they drafted the stud David Johnson who would have never played last year and possibly this year had it not been for injuries, could you imagine? Well that's what happens when coaches automatically go to veterans instead of going with the best.

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Taken from Is DeMarco Murray really a bad scheme fit in Philly? - NFL.com

"To douse this theory in cold water, Eagles Rewind has some interesting numbers which suggest there is little difference in Murray's career production between shotgun runs and runs under center. In 2013, he was at 5.2 yards per carry out of the shotgun and 5.1 under center. In 2012, it was 4.0 out of the shotgun and 4.1 under center. In 2011, it was 6.5 out of the gun and 5.4 under center. Sample size must be considered, however, in that the under center runs were more prevalent"

There was more to the Philly year than just him being bad out of shotgun.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

This is also ignoring zone vs gap. But still. Take a step away from just reading stats and go watch him run from Gun THIS year. It's really not all that effective so I'm not surprised we don't use it often

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar