Confidence Remains High for Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though both Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Floyd Reese preached patience after drafting him, rookie QB Vince Young was thrown into the fire early. After a 37-7 thrashing at the hands of a physical Jaguars defense where he threw three interceptions and had a first half passer rating of 6.7, many may wonder if Young's confidence may begin to suffer. "My confidence is going to always be high," Young said. "You ain't got to never question it. I'll never question my confidence. Coaches and my players, they'll never question my confidence. My confidence is extremely high right now and my confidence in my players and my team is extremely high. That was just a game that slipped away from us. But hey, I mean, it happens."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I understand that VY has been coached to go through his progressions before considering the "tuck and run" and I agree with the philosophy. I think if VY would 1) not stare down his primary 2) use the pump fake and 3) "tuck and run" rather than throw into uncertainty he would find more passing lanes opening up. I'm hoping this game will help his development in that regard.

I know he got spanked, but at least it is happening when during a year in which the losses don't mean anything in regards to playoffs.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Young making mistakes can be accepted considering his experience or lack thereof, it's everybody elses mistakes that are the problem.

4. well hes led our team to 2 victories where leinart hasnt won one and he went to a better team

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Exactly. He's won some games, and he's proving he can drive a Ford, cause we aint no cadillac. It's ok. Brady had 4 int's last night. It happens. If the rest of the season goes like this get nervous, but right now at 2-3 as starter is pretty good given our utter lack of talent.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

After Sunday's performance I can't believe we still have posters grasping for reasons that VY is better than Leinart. IMO, who cares, all I care about is the guy we drafted doesn't look to good and unless his team plays great defense with turnovers, with a solid running game and STs making plays VY wouldn't have wins either. By the way the Titans have a better OL than the Cardinals which is why the Cardinals are not better on offense.

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

He had a really bad game yesterday but it was against a very good very well coached team. He will learn from this and get better but better play from those around him would help a lot. I don't think we have to worry about his coinfidence he knows he can play and this performance may help him against the Ravens this week. Hopefully we will pick up some playmakers at WR this off season and in the draft we certainly don't have any now.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:suspect:

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I honestly think VY is struggling because of the QB development scheme the coaches are using. It is better in the long run to get him in the habit of going through his progressions rather than using his legs. In 2 or 3 years, VY will be a McNabb-like QB. We knew this when we drafted him.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Is that why they opened up the game in the shotgun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar