Congrats Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NodakPaul, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

Congrats on the well earned win. As much as it pains me to say it, your team outperformed ours in every aspect, and I am man enough to admit it when I am wrong, and give credit where credit is due. Your defense was monster tonight - and was the difference in the game IMHO. 21 points off from turnovers absolutely put the nail in the coffin.

I am happy that we were more or less still in the game in the waning minutes, but that INT and subsequent score would have been very hard to over come. I am disappointed in two calls - the 4th and short that was given to the Titans (not only did the not make it, but he fumbled...), and the phantom holding call against Wade in the third. But neither one of those calls cost us the game.

What cost us the game was the inability to hold on to the rock. All of the Titans TDs came off from turnovers. I was also disappointed in our lack of pass rush - Collins was not hit enough to disrupt him.

Hats off to the Titans, they are 4-0 and deservedly so.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Thanks for being a good sport despite the loss. Yall have a good team, and yall should be able to make some noise in the NFC North. Anyways, thanks for the congratulations. Good luck to yall. By the way, will yall do us a favor and sweep the rest of the AFC South? We would appreciate it. :ha:

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Good luck for the rest of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I will say that the Vikings are much better off with Frerotte playing QB as opposed to TJackson. You guys are better than your record.

5. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

Win or lose, it is always important to do it with class IMHO.

As far as sweeping the rest, we'll do our best... but if we continue to have stupid penalties and turn the ball over I can't promise anything. LOL.

We have a very good team on paper. Unfortunately we can't seem to put it together on the field. I think that there will be a vacant Head Coach position in Minnesota come January... There is no reason we shouldn't be rolling over teams.

6. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

I think we are too. But in the end the record is what gets you into the playoffs. If we don't pull our heads out soon, it is going to get ugly in Minnesota.

Our schedule gets considerable lighter form here on out. The first four games were our toughest, plus the four game suspension by the idiot McKinnie didn't help. So we will start to get some wins. But we need to be able to do it consistently against quality opponents in order to be a real threat.

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

thanks...ya'll should be able to get wins from the rest of the teams in our division

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

You all had a great drive in the beginning of the 4th quarter. You really had me worried. Peterson played very well, except for the fumble, and Frerotte made a lot of plays. You all should be able win a Wild Card spot.

9. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

Very classy, I liked you as a poster. I hope to see you again, prehaps if we both make the superbowl this year you'll swing by again. xD. We can dream.

Good luck in future games.

The penalties really killed you guys. Turnovers too, those are both mental mistakes though, which should be able to be corrected. Your coach made ugly calls though, he was horrible.

Again, good luck.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not with the NFC East. They'll have to win the division to get in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar