Congrats Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NodakPaul, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

I agree. I also think the NFL refs should be full time employees, not part timers. They are really putting up some bad calls this year. I expect Childress to get a fine because of his criticism of the refs:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/29870679.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKUnciaec8O7EyU
    So their excuse is that they didn't have enough cameras. That doesn't excuse the initial blown call by the side judge who was less than three feet away.

But like I said before, that call didn't lose the game for us. The Vikings lost because they were outplayed. Good teams win despite bad calls.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Childress is wrong that you can't fumble it on fourth down. You can fumble it and another can recover it but it goes back to the spot of the fumble. You may not advance it. "Also, Note that the spot of the ball may be challenged in certain cases. In such cases, a decision to respot football is not enough to win the challenge; Only when ball is respotted AND ruling on the field is reversed by remeasurement, the challenging team would not be charged their timeout." Per wiki.

3. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

The only problem with challenging penalties is that teams would challenge just about every penalty. The games would quickly become 5 hour borefests.

Judgement calls are just that. No coach agrees with the refs when it comes to penalties. What about missed penalties? Would they be reviewable too? There has to be limits or they would spend way too much time reviewing and not playing.

4. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

You are reading it out of context. Childress is basically saying the same thing you are. He was correctly implying that you can't fumble and advance it on fourth down.

I really don't know what the ref saw. The whistle was not blown until well after the fumble, so you can't say it was forward progress. I think it was just a poor call (which happens), and a poor review (which shouldn't).

5. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

That is why we have a limit on challenges.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't like the idea of challenging penalties. That is a part of the game. How would baseball be if you could review every pitch? It would suck. Reviewing penalties would take away a part of the game that has been there since the beginning.

And I really wish everybody would cut the refs some slack. Everybody makes a mistake every now and then. The fact of the matter is they are usually very accurate. Hochuli's bad call has incurred criticism on all of the league's refferrees, and it's starting to get out of control.

I wonder if the NFL will fine Aikman and Buck for ripping the refs during the Skins-Cowboys game? That seems as damaging to me as a coach saying it.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:suspect:

Your post is a joke.

You're damn right I'm going to bring up all of the stuff you've been blabbering about in your previous thread. Just because I brought it up doesn't mean I'm rubbing it in. Yes i told you so. Yes i did.

To all who are lost, check out this thread:
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=40372

I said that you you needed to look at the entire picture before making predictions in the future, yet why am I not surprised that you dismissed that as smack. Nodak, you have to learn to leave smack on the threads in which they belong. You claim not to be a troll yet you act like one. Even my 'i wish you well' gestures were blown out of proportion. I felt bad for you, and so I decided to end it on a positive note. Heck even Frodo felt sorry for Smeagel after smacking him around for a couple of days, and we all know how that turned out.

Maybe I shouldn't have wished you well. Maybe I should have pulled you back in the smack shack and given you a fine whipping. Maybe I should have hand fed you the crow. Absolutely pathetic. :ha:

I chose to be the better poster, and you chose to remain a troll.

Now go back to posting in the smack shack were you belong and where the self "proclaimed pitbull" (as you put it) can really rub it in.

I won't ruin this thread so I'll leave it at that. Why do i have the feeling that you'll be hiding your smack behind this thread? See you in the smack shack.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't really think in the great scheme of things that Gage call made much of a difference. Vikings lost by a lot more than 7 and they left points on the field. Give the Vikings the ball there and I don't see them doing much with it. They got beat up all day. They beat themselves as well.
    • The Vikings committed four turnovers, which led to 21 points. Three of the turnovers gave the Titans offense a short field.
    • The Vikings offense committed five penalties in the third quarter alone. That prevented them from getting into manageable down-and-distance situations and made them too predictable.
    • Berrian dropped two passes in the first half, including a deep throw down the sideline that could have resulted in a touchdown. Then, late in the game with the Vikings at their own 2 and trailing by six points, Berrian didn't hear the play call in the huddle, went to the wrong side and forced quarterback Gus Frerotte to use the team's final timeout

9. NodakPaul

NodakPaul Guest

< yawn >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar