Congrats Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by COLT-TD, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COLT-TD

COLT-TD Guest

Good point. I say three things will be a major factor. 1st. If Manning and Company gets a string of first 1st down in a series, your D will start huffing and puffing from cramps and exhaustion because once the no-huddle Offense gets started, There's no bringing in your 2nd and 3rd down packages without calling a time out. One might say, it steamrolls from there. 2ndly, If you all stay in cover 2, Manning will pick apart the middle with slants and straight-ups. If you crowd the line of scrimmage with 8 or more in the box, Manning throws deep to Wayne or Harrison. If you play deep, Addai will run all over you. It's kind of like picking your own poision and hoping for a turnover. This is how we beat most teams and the reason why we are the winningest team since 2002. Like I said. the only thing that worries me is VY taking off and your running attack. Well here's to an injury free game and may the best team win.

P.S. Look out for Houston. They may be the surprise team of the year.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We played pretty well against the Colts last year. Whether it be coaching or just we have a good scheme against you guys we could have won the first game and we won the second we seem to either make you guys play not as good or just put ourselves in a position to win.

Hopefully we can repeat last time we played...of course I was there last time.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Your power Offense wasn't really a problem for us last year. I expect another close game on sunday.

4. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Don't forget Troy Aikman, he just won 3 superbowls in four years! Manning who? :ha:

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO if Addai runs for 23 Carries 118 yards 1 td (average 5.1) but we don't allow long passings TDs we have a good chance of winning the game. In other words just like we were somewhat sold out in stopping the run against the Jags we need to be sold out in preventing huge hunks of yardage plays. As long as we make the Colts earn every point and don't let them have any cheap scores we keep the game lower scoring.

I do think we have a chance to keep Addai more in check because I don't think NO has a very good front 7 but IMO we need to accept the fact we are going to give up some 1st down in their running game but prevent the long pass.

Also, anyone who doesn't think Manning is as good or better than Aikman, Farve or even Montana is being a homer. He is definately in all thsoe guys league for sure. It takes more than one guy to win a SB and with the exception of maybe Montana I think Manning is every bit as good as those other guys. Heck, as good as Elway was how many SBs did he lose before finally winning one?

6. Manning is going down i hope bullluck tears him up

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Yeah...i foresee Bulluck diving 8 yards at Manning's jugular. Its gonna be sweet!

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

BTW...we are going to get sweet payback this weekend for that lame Directv commercial that they are cramming down our throats...

..you know the one i'm talking about.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we win this Sunday which I think we have a chance since we always play them tough since Schwartz started studying in April for this game.

I think it will be a huge momentum shift for our season shooting us into a nice 6-7 game winning streak. Monday night we better win though regardless.

10. TheMugwump

TheMugwump Guest

Congrats on the win. Always nice to see the Hags go down.

See ya Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar