Conklin Gettin' Praise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Can't blame warmack? By no means am I saying Conklin didn't get beat but Demarco had no intentions of bouncing the play outside at our own 5 yard line. He was supposed to go up the middle but as he saw Warmack get demolished he had to side step to the right allowing Conklin's defender to get him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

The Giants wanted him at 10, and we stole him away. JPP/D.Morgan Karma

• High Five High Five x 6
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

i agree. he has the right mentality for the position. he is tough and just a bit mean. Perect

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Warmack could have taken his guy out for a cheeseburger and Conks guy would have still demolished that play.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'll warrant those teams are buying the statistics, not the grading or opinions.

6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

If Murray sees a crease up the middle Conklin's guy runs right pass him.

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

From what I remember, Murray had no time to run anywhere. Ball in hands, Conk barely nudges the guy, BAM...safety. Either way, Conklin didn't play it right and Warmack got blown up. The play was dead from the snap.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Conklin probably misinterpreted the play call and didn't have enough time to react, as the other linemen seemed to be on a different page. That's excusable for a rookie in year 2, as long as it's not a recurring theme. A 4 year guard drafted in the top 10 getting bull-rushed like that is sad.

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yes, as the commentators said it looked like Conk stepped back as if he was pass blocking instead of driving as if he were run blocking. I'm not knocking Conklin...he's been pretty good every time he's played. I was just pointing out that Warmack wasn't really the reason that play got blown up. If either of them blocked it well it probably would have ended up the same. But both wiffed.

10. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

Mularkey has already stated publicly it was his fault and that he changed the play last second... and that Conklin just didn't hear the play change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar