Conservative football by Fisher.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You agree with it?

Or do you think we need to keep taking shots down field instead of punting and hoping the defense does their job?

It wont be very wise to get conservative against Bret Favre.. but i just know fisher will if we take the lead.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I hate his conservative play calling, but mostly because it's extremely predictable. I can call where the ball is going 8/10 times from my couch. (except that 56 yarder to gage. Tripped me out) Especially if we have the lead.
    We don't have to go pass-happy, or start taking unnessecary risks, but maybe a pass on first down or passes beyond 5 yards deep every now and then. Maybe even a screen pass to a guy that has a chance at getting more than 5 yac.

3. jessestylex

agree and i hate seeing those quick dump passes to CJ on 3rd downs that he drops 7/10 times and if he does make the catch he is hit instantly.

Like you said if fans can predict the play calls then the defense sure can and thats why our 3rd down conversions have been bad.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't know. Sure there are things that someone could say to change from the outside looking in but this "conservative Fisherball style" is a big reason we are 10-0 IMO.

Fisher has always stated that he isn't trying to mask anything. You know we are going to run it? Good then we'll still run it down your throat. We have been very successful with this unless the defense completely sells out to stop the run. Then we open up a bit more and take some strikes down the field. IMO that is one area we could go to a little more. And that is the deep ball when they completely sell out like in the G.B , Chi, and Indy games. A couple more would have been nice IMO.

Less risks are a good thing. We are built well for Fisherball so I say we stick with it.

10-0 GOTTA LOVE IT !!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Calling running plays a lot doesn't bother me as much about Fisher as when he does things like, kick a FG at the end of a half when there's still time to try for a TD.
    But overall, this season I got no gripe with him...

6. jessestylex

Jets will sell out to stop the run also, im just wondering how many teams we have to beat through the air before teams stop stacking the box on us. I guess they figure our running game is more dangerous than the passing game , but the last few weeks and shown we are just as dangerous with Collins at QB. I think they still look at us as a VY team.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It is our conservative style that keeps great offenses off the field. The mistake is to try and out shoot them. Let them get frustrated. Let them gamble and lose. And then we will finish them like we did our last 10 teams. Titans 32 Jets 10.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

as long as we're winning, why replace it? I cannot find a reason to complain. I think there are reasons why we were a Wild Card team last year, compared to now.

Last year we asked VY to go downfield, and make big plays a lot of times, and he failed, cost us some games, I think.

Now, with Collins, we play to our strengths, and don't try to be something we aren't. If we tried to make Collins Tom Brady we would fail miserably.

It's not a fan-pleasing offense per-se, but winning pleases me more than "Favre" play, with tons of TDs, but also tons of INTs.

That's my take on it. I would love to see Collins air it out all the time, but I trust Fisher. He's the coach, I'm a fan.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Or when we have:

a: time on the clock

b: timeouts to use

and he decides to let Bironas try a 50 yarder for the game winner. That annoyed me quite a bit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

49-2 when entering the 4th with a lead speaks for itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar