Considering a MAC

Discussion in 'Gear' started by ammotroop, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not unless I want to haul around a monitor. :)

I don't know if the macbooks will drop a bit when the new one come out. I might look at a used 13". Right now, a new would be right at $900 plus tax.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ahhhhh...I'm not familiar with those Dell Minis. I would love to have a Mini with HDMI output and hook it to my TV to use as a server. Hopefully they will put a bluray player in one soon.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I have never used a single-button mouse on any of my Macs. Just use a USB mouse... mine says 'Microsoft' right on the top of it.

Next?...

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm really just wanting a bigger version of a iPod. I want to be able to listen to music, check email, watch a movie, etc. It would be nice to be able to plug it into a monitor or TV for a presentation. :brow:

5. avvie

Okay, it's pretty obvious that you haven't used it and have no idea how it works. So far that I've read you've been the exact opposite of correct on every assumption you've made here.

RTFM.

6. avvie

The iTunes store sells files as protected m4a's. Buy from Amazon, where they're all mp3's.

*edit*- as Puck said, DRMs have been removed from most, but you still have to pay a little extra for them and join some silly tiered iTunes membership. And if you're basing your experience on 'trying to do it real quick before work one morning' without so much as looking at the help file, nothing will ever 'just work' for you. See, it's stupid actions like that that give Mac users a bad name.

A Mac is a machine, with software inside it. A machine WILL have some sort of failure, and software WILL have a few basic conditions to learn and follow. It's not a genie in a box, so don't think that 'they just work' and they're easy' means that retards and monkeys will have no problem converting AAcCs to mp3.

Next?...

7. avvie

VLC? That one plays everything.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

c'mon Jeff ... you're pretty tech savvy. I believe you could do the hack yourself. or if you look hard enough on eBay, some sellers already have the kit ready to go . it's been awhile but I saw some 9's back in November.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

DRM'd AAC plays fine on iTunes

that's not his point. he's ing because he has to encode AAC to mp3 to put on his mp3 player. which is STILL the fault of the consumer for purchasing DRM choked AAC before determining if it will work on his / her mp3 player.
    If people really want mp3, they should purchase from Amazon

if he's ripping his CD's as AAC, then it's his fault for not configuring his import settings prior to importing.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Exactly
    the right click is the easiest thing to overcome
    I can think of 4 different ways just off the top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar