Contract Talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yes.

Doesn't matter how good the defense is if you don't have a QB. 2008 Titans are a fantastic example. When you have a game manager who can't score two touchdowns in the playoffs you're screwed.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

There's no Manning/Rivers/Rodgers qb in this draft imo. If Mett looks capable enough to win games, then we move forward with him.

I don't want to waste another first round pic on a qb that "maybe" will turn into one of those all stars. Wilson has won a SB. Eli Manning has won 2.

Since we don't have and likely won't get a top tier QB in the draft, then let's build a solid team all the way around.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'd rather let a good GM make that decision. None of us are qualified. It's not like the world all saw Rodgers as can't-miss.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

But the reason we are in the situation we are in is because we already missed on 2 1st round QBs ... if you don't see a guy there that you think can get you to a SB, then don't take him. Even if we only have an average QB or game manager it ok. Just build the rest of the team and wait for your chance to get an elite QB.

If not, then we will waste another 4-5 years on a QB just because we drafted him in the 1st round

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

JJ Watt showed up on film at at the combine as much a sure thing as anyone could be.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Lewan looks like he could be an impact player ... wright as well if we had a stable QB situation.

Chance was a gigantic blunder however.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We let them do that the last couple times. VY. Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You're wasting that time without a star QB anyway. A good defense and a game manager is going to have you picking in the range where you're not going to have the same opportunity to draft The Guy. You're picking the leftovers from the teams that absolutely needed a QB and probably even overdrafted one or two because of need.

While I agree that if you don't think one of the guys available at the top can be The Guy then you shouldn't take him, but at some point you just need to roll the dice because Kerry ****ing Collins isn't going to be the answer.

9. Thaddeus43

I think player development has a lot to do with it as well.

Ayers was a good player and had a lot of potential, and he looked very good his rookie year. Munch decided to hire a HS coach for the LBs and it killed any prospects at development.

Similar thing to ZB. He has got an incredible amount of talent and potential, but attitude, injuries and development just haven't been there for him.

McCarthy could've been a HUGE steal, but again, injuries.

How can you fault Webster for those picks. IMO he did his job (with the above picks) He brought in talent to the team. It is the coaching fault for not using them correctly.

And you have to keep in mind that we did switch to a new scheme. A lot of the players he drafted just won't fit.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ayers not playing in the new 3-4 blew my mind. I would LOVE to know what really happened with Ayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar