Contract talks slow...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

..for re-signing Kerry Collins. Plus, we know we are at a standstill with AH. So what do you guys think the strategy is for our FO being to slow to re-sign starters? It seems like the longer they wait, the more they'll have to pay these guys. With AH (who I think is a goner) the $$ goes up every day between now and the free agency start. Maybe they're letting KFC test the market to see if he realizes we're his best option? Thoughts?

They're probably really busy working on a detailed contract extension for Donnie Nickey. :suspect:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I know I sound like a broken record but no one is signing UFAs right now for a reason. AND, with the exception of a situation like Collins, I don't expect many to be signed because they'd be insane to do so with the kind of money that will be offered for mediocre talent on the open market.

Anyone who accepts an offer right now knows it isn't as good as what they'd get Feb 24.

3. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I hate the off season

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Broken Record said that?

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I'd be willing to bet that AH signs elsewhere within the first 24 hours of UFA.

Just like Kearse did.

& I'm going to go out on a limb & predict it will AGAIN be Philly that does it!

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If Philly does, they will remind me of the 'slow' kid who is fascinated by the glowing hot stove burner, reaches out and touches it and burns himself. Then three minutes later walks right back over to the glowing burner and touches it again. Then three more minutes later...

But I guess you can't fix stupid.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't like it that Albert and Manning are bonding at the pro bowl. I want him out of the division. He'd be more motivated playing us twice a year.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Colts can't afford him.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

One thing i noticed that me and the Titans have in common is, we like to wait untill the very last minute to get something done when we knew it had to be done months in advanced.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Texans will be all over Albert if we dont sign him.

They would love to take something from Bud Adams. i hear they had a big fuss over Vince Young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar