Cook Expects McNair Trade Today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sounds good to me

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Is McNair worth that much? I'd pretty much take anything for him. But if they want to give us some 2007 Picks even better.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Interesting how Wyatt's article now has Fisher saying a trade is unlikely and that he is unaware of any negotiations.

So...has Fisher been kept out of the loop on this or is this Bus Cook playing the media big time? If the former...what does it say for the Fisher/Reese relationship??

4. Mcnair for Ravens 1st rounder next year and a bit of beas n honey?

5. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Sounds to me that Cook is putting some pressure trough the media. I wouldn't like to let Mac go unless traded for Lewis

6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

I find it hard top believe Reese and Fisher could be that out of sync. As for Bus Cooke, all I can say is "thanks for squatto". I think the earlier post is right- Bus is looking for one last payday on his old warhorse Steve. If anything this should tell Steve what Bus thinks of his skills now, i.e., before he was always right there helping Steve to renegotiate for the good of the team. I guess he figures it's time top get what he can while the gettin is good. Bus must have studied a page out of the Jerry Kraus playbook.

7. SteveH

SteveH Starter

Still feels weird, the idea of Mac moving on... especially to the f'in Ravens..:suspect:

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Well...Bus has Steve and Favre....two high profilers that are on the downside of their careers...maybe Bus should be trying to get some new clients to feed his wallet rather than trying to squeeze wine out of raisins...

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Adam Schefter reported on NLF Network that Cook/McNair asked permission to talk with the Ravens yesterday, and Titans okay'd it. (Who thinks that hasn't already been going on?) He also said they were close on a contract but the Titans and Ravens couldn't agree on compensation.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

ESPN is all over this story right now. They say Titans gave permission for Ozzie Newsome to open negotiations with Cook.

BUT, then they say that it is unlikely that both sides will reach a mutually suitable agreement and mumble that he will probably be released in the summer.

My take on this: Titans FO is letting the Ravens show McNair what the market is- but have little intention of trading McNair. I think they may be using the market to assess what it would take to keep him (in regards to what they would accept as a renegotiation). If McNair's market value is too rich, then they'll let him go. If not, they will make a play to keep him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar