Cook probably out

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by desfletcher316, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

That's not entirely true.

Signed

Chris Johnson, Michael Griffin, Pac-Man Jones, Vince Young, Tyrone Calico, Cortland Finnegan, Bo Scaife . . .

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

although i seriously doubt it... fisher could just be messing with the steelers.

pretty much half of preseason was dedicated to this game. they've been gameplanning for it since the players showed up at BSP.

cook really didn't miss too much this week other than reps. we already knew what we were gonna do against them.

still think he sits... just saying he probably didn't miss too much as far as practicing this week.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ - didn't start initially
    Griffin - went thru first TC as CB did not start initially
    Jones - think that idiot started but not positive
    VY - didn't start despite KCs obvious subpar play
    TC - didn't start
    Finnegan - didn't start initially
    Scaife - definatly did not start initially

there are exceptions though - signed Michael Roos

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finnegan is an example of GoT. Finnegan filled in for Hill his rookie year and once Hill was back, Finnegan was where he usually was. Finnegan didnt start til year 2

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ladies and gentlemen a 2002 retro post.

I assume that since fisher is more involved in the process of drafting players that he will get them on the field a little faster.

Scaife played enough to get 37 catches as a rookie and CJ did start game one on last year. There is no reason why scaife would have started over kinney in 2005.

Jacob bell played his rookie year filling in for piller. Stewart became a starter in his 2nd year also because of an injury to piller.

Finny started at NB as a rookie and in year 2 fulltime starting CB. Nobody can honestly say he was held back by anything.

Randy starks played a lot as a rookie also and when healthy so did laboy and odom.

Not a valid point at all especially now.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

me thinks you assume too much sir

Scaife started 5 games as a rookie, Fat boy started week 1 in 2008. And your point about Scaife vs Kinney is relevant about Fisher not playing rookies how???

bell started 14 games as a rookie, see Michael Roos above. Yes Fisher will start a rookie if a vet is injured and that is what it takes.

nickle is by defination not a starting position as it is generally defined as the third CB in a game. All-Pro S wasting a TC at CB is being held back

way to quantify a point bamaboy

totally valid point especially now.

As late as 2006 Fisher put a crippled Peter Sirmon at MLB for the season leaving Tulloch too rot on the bench.

Retro post I think not. Guess we'll see if Britt starts huh seeing as he is clearly the second best WR on the team. I am assuming Yancy Washington can't make it tonight.

What about keeping the bloated barge that is Algeron "ooops I fumbled again" Crumpler instead of Mulligan? that was only a week ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar