Cook tore his rotator cuff, put on IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

It's pretty clear you don't watch the games. Cook drops the ones that hit him in the hands. There is no reason to give him a large contract.
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Real Football players play with Torn Rotator Cuffs all the time. This just goes to show the true softness of Jared Cook. Only QBs miss time for torn Rotator Cuffs.

Weak.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

That's nothing, i also have dez and rg3...
  4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

Once in a while dude makes a decent play. Other than that, who really gives a f?
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

he will catch on somewhere, hopefully as a Titan IMO, but I doubt he gets the payday his agent has been whispering in his ear. Again unless its that idiot RW throwing the $s around
  6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

RW hates to sign players through FA, so he tries to waste all of the money on locking up our scrubs and injured players.
  7. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Better than signing former Seahawk scrubs.
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]
    'say whut?'
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Cook will never be elite, so if he walks, oh well dont care.
  10. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I can see both sides of the argument to pay him and let him walk. His stats aren't eye poppingly good, but they're right up there with some of the best.

TD's: Gronkowski has 10, but 2 have 8, 2 have 7 and 2 have 6, everyone else in the league has 5 or less. Cook has 4. Elite? No, but neither is our offense.
    Yards: Just about everyone ahead of him has 80-95 targets (up to 124), looks like only 3 of those ahead of him have better YPC.

Receptions: 16th receptions, and 16th in Targeted. Can't catch if not thrown to/get open.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/b...NFL&year=season_2012&sort=33&timeframe=ToDate

Strangely his YAC is what is low. He is young, so saying he'll never be elite is kind of a stretch. I'd say unlikely, and it'd be a gamble to give him a big contract or trade him. His price tag just dropped now that he's injured and could keep him around.

My main issue with him myself is his inability to block, he's worse than some WRs.