Cook?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Was he on the field at all today? Looks like Stevens has game now..

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

He was on the field. As a matter of fact, he was on the field today way more than i thought. I guess he just didn't get thrown to. I think he will make us proud this year :)

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

If Stevens can bully a linebacker for ~8-10 yards on each checkdown, then Cook might not find himself targeted that often...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

TEs had a nice game.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Can't be sad that he didn't get looks, when the others did so well. Good problem to have. I'm really glad to see Stevens catching on a bit more. I miss that style TE, where you can count on him to catch it and at least fall forward for a couple more yards.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

On the gametracker it appeared one throw was in his direction.

7. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

When is Scaifes contract up? Does having cook make Bo the odd man out? Or do we trade Cook eventually?

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Cook continues to improve I don't see the point in keeping Scaife and paying him in free agency. I'm sure VY will survive with one long horn gone.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cook has zero trade value right now. Scaife is franchised isn't he? He should be gone after 2010. No way that man deserves $5M.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually I can't see how anyone could say anything negative about Scaife at all. Heck, the guy is worth 5 mil IMO. He is reliable, knows how to get open and works very well with VY. He isn't the greatest blocker in the world but does enough to spring CJ on some long runs and he certainly is more reliable than Cook blocking.

The bottom line with Cook is he still can't block well enough so when the team is in clock burn mode like they were in the 2nd half there isn't much reason to have him out there. Obviously Steven's is a better choice. I'm sure they have some packages for Cook where they can take advantage of his ability to create mismatches in the passing game. But in the Raider's game there was no reason to show that stuff to the Steelers before we play them next week. I think we may see more of him next week and his ability to stretch the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar