Cookie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Na$hville, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know why we even list him as a tight end anymore. 60 snaps and 48 routes run in those snaps. He barely plays on the line of scrimmage. He's a big WR who runs iffy routes.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't remember any of his catches coming from him when he was lined up as a TE.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh look... Titans fans once again nit-picking BS harping on our 2nd best player on offense (current first best)...

Meanwhile, let them tell you that Taylor Thompson is the next Antonio Gates.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to even be associated with this base of misfits. Tell me how great Craig Stevens is some more, please.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well its a very valid point that does not totally fall on him. He SHOULD be a better blocker, but at the same time the coaching staff knows it is a very weak point of his. We cannot keep putting him out there on passing downs and pulling him on runs.

He may be a great deep play threat, but it does no good if he tells the defense what we are going to run.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Jared Cook is easily the worst blocker I've ever seen at TE on an NFL field. Literally.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He get's thrown around like he's a kicker out there. Seriously just focus on him if you can rewatch any game from last year or this year. You'll be amazed how badly he gets abused. I'm not just talking to you btw I just decided to quote your post because I agreed lol.

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

That's all he can do. We've already tried to make him a more dynamic receiver. He's a terrible route runner. Even worse than Damien williams. If he wasn't falling flat on his face without being touched, he was being pushed off his routs and running into our other receivers. The seam routes are what he is good at, and it is effective. We need to keep using him that way because it works. You can really wear a defense down and break their spirit by repeatedly beating them with plays they can't defend. That's what happens to us just about every week. We have a good over the middle deep threat with Cook. Nothing more, nothing less.

8. Deuce Wayne

You guys are really... REALLY overblowing the blocking thing.

Bunch of Jeff Fisher taught fickle fans.

He blocks just as well as Antonio Gates and other playmaking TEs. Even gets pointed out quite often by commentators for sealing blocks.

Buuuuut... Jeff Fisher said it 2 yrs ago, so it must be true.

9. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. Just "good"... meh.

lmao our fans... wow.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Explain to me how he is any more than good. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar