Cooper vs Warmack

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 26, 2013.

?
  1. Chance Warmack

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. Jonathan Cooper

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I am flabbergasted that so many of you seriously want to use a top ten pick on a guard!

2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Now that we have Levitre, why waste a top 10 pick on a guard? We can get Warford or Jones in Rd. 2.

3. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

As much as I hope they take Cooper, I will say this: I trust the decision making of Munchak and Matthews in picking out a guard - who by the way were 8th and 9th picks in their drafts, respectively.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Bench press will always help pushing people but to be able to sling and make guys your b**** is about core strength. Wrestlers are not body builders and a lot of them do not have that physique but they keep a ridiculously strong core to man handle their opponents. Weight room helps but I would say kettle bell workouts are more beneficial than bench press. This is why you see MMA guys slinging sledgehammers, flipping tires, and climbing rope. I think Warmack is just more of a beast than Cooper that is all.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You are most definitely correct in your assesment and this would be a huge blow to my argument if my reasoning for Cooper's strength was solely based on his bench performance but I assure you it is not. The tape that I have seen of Cooper shows me he is very strong. He routinely either stalemates or drives back D-linemen who are bigger than him. When he puts his paws on the D-lineman, that momentum stops immediately and because his feet are elite he is never out of position to deliver the blow, unlike (I think) Chance will be at the next level at least initially.

Isn't having great feet one of the top 3 most important OL traits? Well Cooper has better feet than Chance and it's not close IMO. I'm not talking about the 40 time here, just foot movement and agility. Strength is important but it's not the be all end all. Even if Mack daddy i stronger than Cooper (which I don't believe) the difference is negligible while the difference in their athleticism is enormous. Sounds like a good trade off to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Why not?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The issue isn't Cooper vs Warmack, Warmack is hands down the better prospect. He is the best guard prospect in a decade.

The issue is who the 2nd best interior lineman is in the draft and it is a close call between Warfard, Fluker and Cooper. Warmack is at a level by himself.

If we are talking about pure power run blocker Fluker might be the best in this draft. At least equal to Warmack.

Fluker is at least equal to Warfard as a guard prospect and he is the best RT prospect in the draft without a doubt. A first rd caliber prospect at 3 of the 5 positions on your o-line and i'm the only person talking about him.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Fluker would be a terrifying mauler for us at RG, he could potentially switch to RT when Stewart leaves. He would be a great pick at 39.

All this guard talk is crazy. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper go in the second round to be honest.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ask John Jenkins if DJ Fluker is worth a top 15 pick. Ask Mingo if Fluker is worth a top 15 pick. Ask the entire Notre Dame defense if Fluker is worth a top 15 pick.

I think somebody is going to take Warmack before us so you trade back a few spots, get an extra 3rd rd pick and take Fluker and plug him in at RG.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I DO like Fluker at 39, I think that would be an incredibly solid pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar