Cooper's hawk pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Juvenile Cooper having a snack on may patio this morning...
    I see this guy daily but these pics are the best I've been able to get of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Awesome pics dude. I love watching hawks and falcons. We have one of North America's largest raptor migratory spots just thirty miles from London. On an October morning you can see hundreds of the flying beasties off the cliffs of Lake Erie. They just ride the thermals and hunt in the adjacent fields. It's truly spectacular.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

TB - that's very cool. I bet those cliffs are higher than they appear in the shots eh?

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

50 or 60 feet high I'm thinking. The place is called Hawk Cliff (typically creative name). Awesome place for a romantic date, or just to chill and bird watch. Your Cooper is a beauty... looks like sparrow was on his menu (yummy...tastes like chicken). I'm a big kid when it comes to birds of prey... I can't tell you how many accidents I've almost been in trying to watch a bird soaring over the fields as I'm whipping past on the highway.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's actually a pretty large mourning dove he's snacking on.. I've only ever seen them catch a different bird twice - bluebird and a mockingbird.. Those doves are brainless and slow...

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BTW.. if you have other interesting shots of Canadian terrain/animals etc. post em all. Love seeing that stuff...

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

You aren't the only one to have exotic wildlife invade your patio...
    [​IMG]
    Okay so he's not exotic... but he's a pretty friendly little ****.

I've got a ton of shots from the cliff but they're all 35mm and I've never bothered to scan 'em up. I bought a digital camera a couple of years ago and promptly stopped taking pictures. Here are a few of the mildly interesting outdoorsish ones...

Sparrows feeding on the master bedroom balcony...
    [​IMG]

Para-surfing in October of 07 (that's me to the left... just about to wipe out and destroy my back for two months)
    [​IMG]

A beautiful little footbridge at Springbank Park here in London...
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Very cool pics TB - I need to send you some organic wild bird food for a regional feeding trial.. You up for something like that?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Ooops. I hit high-five instead of reply. :dork:

Absolutely.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So Kangaroos don't do it for you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar