Coordinators to keep an eye on?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 5, 2012.

?

Do you want to see new coaches in TN?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

So you fully think its either the Oline or just CJ sucking? I know it sucks....
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I will give you that on Palmer. However I gotta beleive we could have done better than Jerry Gray. Dude was about to take a job as the DB coach at Texas :rolleyes:
  3. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

I didn't post the defensive averages on purpose lol. Maybe our players don't want to play for Palmer. I know there is a certain amount of self pride invovled here. But i just have trouble believing that this O can be this bad. Or maybe his calls suck and we're excucting them, but opposing coaches can easily defend against him.

When has Palmer ever been consistently succesfull as the guy calling the shots (Coach or O-coordinator)

3rd (97) and 8th (98) in NFL in Jacksonville as an O coordinator in points scored
    5-27 as a head coach for the browns
    32 (02), 31 (03), 19 (04), 30 (05) in NFL in Houston as an o coordinator in points scored

This is his sparkling resume where he had 2 good seasons (his first two, where he probably lucky - a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while)
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Kuharksy just made an excellent point on the radio. If Munchak sticks around for 2013, he's on the final year of his deal. So even if he does kick Palmer and/or Gray to the curb, he's not going to entice a top-notch coordinator to come here on a one year deal. They would literally have to have no other options to want to come here.

The situation just keeps getting sadder. This is just another reason to fire the entire staff and start from scratch.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

If we want proven aggressive coordinators:
    Offensive coordinator - Mike Martz
    Defensive coordinator - Gregg Williams

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just saying.
  6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would take Gregg Williams back right now....while I wholly disagree with what happened in NO...the fact is that guy can coach up a defense.

When you have guys that across the board cannot tackle....and I mean in an NFL Bloopers fashion for an entire game....you have coaching issues. I recognize that players have to play...but coaches allow this kind of thing...