Corey Davis makes me sick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by razordaman, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

True.... funnier play was Delanie ducking on that int from Cassel that was run back...smh

2. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

believe it or not, i could care less about what someone on a sports forum thinks about my IQ level. I strongly believe Byard is and will be a better FS than any of the ones in this past draft. I also believe Corey Davis will be one of the best players in the draft class as well. Sorry for believing in some of our players more than others.

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

jonnu has heavily outplayed howard and we took him in the 3rd. we should have gone double defense in the 1st though

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

First, that's great that you believe that. Just don't try to insult me with this Madden BS when you don't really know what you are talking about. Besides, you act like players have never moved positions before in the NFL, when it happens a lot.

Honestly, I was happy with the Davis pick, he was high on the list of players I wanted, just not as high as Adams or Hooker.

If Davis can stay healthy, he should be a good player and he showed flashes of that in the Titans opener against Oakland. However, I stand by what I said, Adams and Hooker are generational talents that don't come around often.

5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

So why dont you think Davis is not a “generational talent” than guys like Adams and Hooker? So its fair for you to assume they are, and it isnt fair for the guy who believe in Davis he is?

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

If the shoe doesn't fit, then it's not for you. You're claiming i dont know what im talking about because I think it's not easy to make the switch from Free Safety to Strong Safety in a 3-4 system? Our strong safety is essentially another linebacker that blitzes more than he covers. I don't think Byard would be useful at all in that adjustment. But yeah what do i know. & Derwin James is better than both those safties and Minkah Fitzpatrick is just as good.

7. 8isGreat

You don't watch many Tampa games do you?

But I digress...and agree: we probably should have gone double defense in the 1st.

Like I've stated in other threads, I would have been happy with Adams or Hooker at 5 and Foster at 18. Granted CB was an important need to fill, but I probably would have gone White, before Jackson.

Having said that it is what it is, but I'm sure there are several others here that wanted Davis that would have been disappointed if we had gone elsewhere. It's the nature of the beast. No matter who we picked, some will be disappointed with the choice. It's par for the course when it comes to the draft.

I'm just disappointed because as good as Davis was in college and could be in the pros, I believe Adams and Hooker are rare talents.

8. 8isGreat

First, I'm not the only one that had Adams and Hooker rater higher overall than Davis. Most scouts had higher grades on Adams and Hooker than they did Davis.

Second, I never said that others can't have an opinion on Davis...never ever said that! This is a thread titled, "Davis Makes Me Sick"...which I also never said...and certainly didn't start this thread to begin with.

TitanJeff just pointed out within this thread that while some fans here aren't happy with Davis...meanwhile, Adams is having a great rookie season...to which I agreed and reiterated that I had wanted Adams or Hooker...both who are having great rookie years so far.

#48 8isGreat, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  9. 8isGreat

As an FSU fan that watches every game, I disagree.

While James is a great talent, he's not better than Adams or Hooker. Could he be? Possibly...but he's not there yet IMHO.

Fitzpatrick is also not "just as good" as Adams or Hooker. The same applies as James, he's talented sure, but he's not on par with Adams or Hooker. He's not there yet.

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

A. That was a run of the mill playaction play, the giants didn't cover him. Very similar to what smith just did to Seattle a couple weeks ago.

B. Blocking from the TE position hasn't seemed to be a problem this year, so it really doesn't matter how well Howard blocks.

C. So the idea would be to replace Davis with Howard at WR? Niether play defense so I don't see how that redraft would have changed a lot so far. Same can be said for hooker/Adams over adoree Jackson. Actually if that had happened,we still see b***hing about the lack of PR/KR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar