Corey Davis vs Mike Williams

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by VondyP, Feb 1, 2017.

?
  1. Corey Davis @ #5

12.5%
  2. Mike Williams @ #5

18.8%
  3. Corey Davis @ #18

38.8%
  4. Mike Williams @ #18

25.0%
  5. I don't want either of these players.

2.5%
  6. 2nd round or later.

6.3%
  7. Trade back and pick Davis between 5-18

46.3%
  8. Trade back and pick Williams between 5-18

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Wont be running at the combine is probably his biggest hurdle.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Yet many say the combine shouldn't change a draft stock more than tape, although we know it isn't necessarily true.

How does Davis's production look compared to say Amri Cooper? He was the last WR to go that early wasn't he?

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I don't see Davis as polished as Amari (IMO) but I do like his route running and combo of speed and size.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'm not saying the guy isn't good. In fact I said I prefer him.

But when you watch tape and Davis is blowing by people, but Williams catches are all contested, there is a reason. Maybe Davis is much faster.

But the guys covering Williams are much faster than the guys covering Davis.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Clark

Williams doesn't get separation on his vertical routes, sometimes doesn't get it on his slant. He's not going to blow anyone away in the 40 and that's okay because that's not why you draft him. His "contested" catches are good only because he is physically bigger and stronger than the cbs.

Davis at the next level might not get the 20 yard YAC running away from people, but his route running and techniques to make defenders miss will translate. He's likely to run in the 4.4's which is more than fast enough for the pros.

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Preach

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure that guys in the MAC are necessarily slower. They are just often smaller and not as good at football.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm surprised there are so many still on the table for Williams. I've never thought he was more than anything but a jump ball guy. Hands are average. Doesn't get over the top. Doesn't offer much YAC.

What makes this guy special?

9. Clark

You called it when you said Recency Bias toward the NCG. And also- his attributes are much easier to see/define for people.

10. Clark

Well FWIW, NFL is just chalk full of super fast Cbs. Williams already gets limited separation, it's not like he will be gaining more either. Both of their games will be affected by NFL speed. It's just to what degree?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar