Cornerbacks: Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brian82

brian82 Rookie

CB top pick no cant see it, 3rd 4th round maybe. MM needs WRs, Robinson and mularkey have given MM protection and time on the ball, targets for MM will be the priority next season.

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Henry, Mathews, Murray, Sharp, Conklin. They've added talent around MM8, especially in the early rounds. They've ignored defense early, and now that will need to be addressed next year. Besides JR has 2 1st's next year. Both likely locks to be top 15, both could possibly be top 10 and the LA pick could be very early. It's not out of the question to get a WR1 and a CB1 next year.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Before I start I want to emphasize that this is just an overall "why don't teams try this more" post than suggesting we do this with this particular player.

Why not see what a failing WR with a lot of athletic ability, Justin Hunter for example, and see what they can do at CB. While this late in the game I know it'd be a terrible idea to move him there this season he has the speed and length to do well as a CB, and being thin isn't as big of an issue for a CB in coverage. I think that doing something along these lines is something that teams need to consider more often in general, but I doubt Hunter would be the answer specifically, he's just the guy that fits the speed/height/athleticism that would make such a thing interesting on our roster.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Way too tall for CB

Way too lazy to learn a new position

5. Wraith

Wraith Starter

No such thing as too tall to be a CB when there are WRs at 6'5/6'6 and this is just an observation of why don't teams try this kind of thing more than suggesting we do it with him. He's just an example of a high pick that hasn't worked out on our roster that has the physical attributes to make trying somewhat of an interesting idea. The way too lazy may or may not be accurate, never know how much work a guy is putting in really.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He will not have the ability to keep up with quicker receivers based on height. He will get burned on mismatches all game.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

CB and wr are completely different positions that require a different skill set.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Plus, can you imagine hunter trying to tackle someone?

Lol

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Bingo. If we could walk away with a CB1 & WR1 with our two 1sts next year, I'd be THRILLED.

10. brian82

brian82 Rookie

I don't disagree, defence will defiantly need to be looked at next season. The players you quoted apart from Mathews and Sharpe are not targets for MM, Mathews in my opinion isn't an explosive WR and I think he will struggle to shake his cover, Sharpe looks really good but needs a bit more weight on him to become more physical, but does have the speed and I hope he matures quickly to make an impact. That's what we lack is a 1000+ receiver and that's why I don't believe MM will be throwing deep throws as we don't currently have anyone showing they are capable of those plays.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar