Cortland Finnegan has walked out of Titans camp!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

So I ask this again, from the thread about Taylor Mays:

Would you, at this point, trade Finnegan for Mays?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

WHAT?! Absolutely ridiculous if true. Are players really this entitled these days (don't answer that)? Can't even play out the final year of a very lucrative deal? Or is Cortland just that deluded about his talent/ability?

He's overrated anyway. He's a solid #2. Should be happy with his contract. I say let him sit out as long as wants to. And then let him watch from the bench for awhile when he inevitably decides to come back.

3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Let's not jump to conclusions. No one is really sure why he wasn't there.

4. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Besides why would he do that now of all times?

5. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i guess that's the positive spin to it sonic.... nobody really knows why.... he may have gotten a real bad stomach flu the last 24 hours... lets just hope that...

if not.. this has got to be some kind of sick joke..

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Maybe he heard all the fan and team mate support for CJ and thought it would be there for him too. There is a huge difference between the best RB in the league holding out when you're only making $800k and Finnegan holding out when he's making almost $4 million.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

2 interceptions last year.

The balls on this guy

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Lol whoopty do. Don't pay him and just watch that 30k a day roll in.

We could use a few less USLC penaltys this year anyway.

I honestly thought Finny was a neccesary part of our defense last year because I didn't think Mccourty had what it takes. But I'm convinced he is ready after his play time last year. And although I still think Finny is slightly better, this is just stupid. He is only hurting the team after making comments about getting back to work.

We don't negotiate with terrorists. Let him holdout.

9. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Yeah no need to crucify someone if you don't know the full story....but if the story does come out and the rumors are true, thats a totally different animal.

10. Garo

Garo Starter

My first thought was the same, over reacting before things settled, but multiple media, including Wyatt, Kuharsky, and Jason Cole, have confirmed he left mad and it's over his contract situation.

I say very calmly and methodically, trade him. He's good but not great. Set a new standard in the locker room and get a pick or player in return.

He did appear to be a major focal point in Gray's nickel packages but McCourty and Verner are good enough and Babineaux could replace him in the Nickel. Bring in a vet for depth.

Too many good things going on to let this bring everything down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar