Cortland Finnegan has walked out of Titans camp!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree...I referenced this new age of social media driven news a few pages back. I think that, had this occurred ten years ago, it would have been a big nothingburger, and we may have heard a vanilla explanation from the coach during a news conference.

News certainly travels faster nowadays. Unfortunately, so does everything else. We are left to sort out facts from crapola after it has hit the fan.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm with you guys in that Finnegan needs to show up and play. The team wisely took care of him when he didn't need to be taken care of by extending his contract and paying him a few years back. We saved a lot of money then by inking him up when he was cheap, now tho he's due $3.293 million this year, but IMO he's only looking for security in an extension. His $3.293 million is really only about $1.9M after taxes, agent fees, and player assassination costs. Again, all I think he wants is some level of security in a time when so much is in the air.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Finnegan has already rejoined the team

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Never said we had better corners... Our top 4 corners are all average to mediocre, so there's not going to be a big drop off if we trade away butterfingers. He has a solid amount of value for some strange reason. Everyone thinks he's good.

We are in rebuilding mode. You think trading away our "best" corner (who still sucks) is a bad idea? I can assure you it's not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You guys act like somebody would even want Finnegan at 3.8 million plus a pick. Get real. At this stage, nobody is offering more than 5th.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't think Verner gets enough credit. He's getting up there in ability.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I keep forgetting that this scrub is getting paid $3.3mil. I guarantee you someone would take him for that though. There are a lot of teams close to a championship who would love to have him.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Almost every team in the league would love to have Courtland Finnegan on their team....as their #2 corner.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I keep hearing 3.79 (3.8) million.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...l-blame-T-Rac?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports Tennessee Titans

Despite what he tweeted on Sunday (“I am thankful for my current contract”), there have been rumblings in recent weeks from Finnegan’s camp that he deserved more than the $3.793 million he is scheduled to make this season, which is the final year of his current deal.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If we could get a solid starting safety or a nice DT to upgrade our defense for Finny, I say do it. I don't think there's much drop off between Finny/Verner/McCourtey. In fact of the 3, Finny is my least favorite. He missed a TON of tackles last year and was like top 5 in yards allowed per catch. He does have a high value to other teams. Everyone who is a fan of another team that I talk to acts like he's a shutdown corner and he's not. If we could capitalized off that reputation that would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar