Cortland Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really like Cortland and have been pulling for him. I wanted him to start and them put Griffin at S like the Titans did later this season. Now that the season is over and we have a good perspective on him. Should the Titans try to make an upgrade or draft someone with one of our picks? For me I think the Titans should stay put. He's cheap and he's a good CB but when for example a guy like Dre' Bly is interested what should the Titans do?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Upgrade over Harper not Finnegan.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I love him as our starting CB, but If im not mistaken he played some safety in college. If hope doesnt come back, it may be a good move to see if ha can move back to that spot and pick up someone like Bly. Esp since its seriously looking like Pac wont be back in two tone blue

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Finnegan/Pac would be sick

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

might as well try to find a replacement for harper just because he's 34, then throw in the fact that he isn't very good.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I agree. The potential/upside to Finny is far greater than Harper. Harper did okay for us...he filled a need and did a so-so job. We need a speedy instinctive CB....like Pac, but not like Pac...you know what i mean. I'm looking forward to an exciting offseason.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

He played well, sure he got beat a few times deep but that wasn't allways his fault and happens to even the greatest of cornerbacks, ask Champ Bailey. I think we are set at right corner for a good 4 to 5 years. Agree about Harper,need to upgrade or rookie to come in and start learning.

8. Finnegan is a quality CB. Harper is a bit older and won't be here too long, but he can start for now. They should draft a CB in the first 3 rounds this year to either to supplant Harper eventually or Finnegan if he leaves as a FA down the road. I think Harper and Finnegan will be UFAs in 2 more years.

As for Pacman, I wouldn't count on him for any further contribution to the team.

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Finnegan is FAR too good of a CB to move. And there's no way we replace him. He's VERY good out there. But I agree with Starkiller. I wouldn't do it in the first, but there's a lot of depth at CB in this year's draft, so we may as well grab a guy in the third or fourth. We could get nice value there on a developmental guy. A lot of the CBs this year are raw or have question marks but good upside.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans have to draft a DB in at least 1 of the first 4 rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar