Cortland Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's why they are depth rather than starters. But they are still good for depth.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Perfect

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is one of those rare times. I agree completely with RT. Finnegan played very well all year long, and I wouldn't think of replacing him. I'd sign someone for depth, hopefully to replace harper in another year, but I'd hope that we could lock down finnegan for the next 5-6 years. As a 7th rounder, I think he's only got two more years, so hopefully next offseason we give him a significant extension and keep him on for cheap.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If Finnegan has another good year he might ask for even more money than what the Titans were thinking. I'd go ahead and lock him up for 4 years plus a team option for a 5th.

5. I don't understand all this love for Finnegan. Yea, hes a physical, strong corner, but he is way overrated. He gets beat by double moves to much and he is only the product of a pass rush. For example look at the charger game and denver game and the other charger game. If there is no pressure on the qb he gets beat with double moves and he got really lost in that wild card game. I still say hes good and he is a good tackler, but he just has to work on not for falling for the double moves and what defense he has to be in if its cover 2 or cover 3 or zone.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Drayton florence would be a great pickup. He is an upgrade at nickel to fuller and might be an upgrade outside for an aging harper. certainly some nice insurance in case pacman flies the coup.

The problem is economics. Probably $4M to sign him and we have harper already costing us close to that much against the cap. We can't release harper because the cap penalties are severe because it is only the second year of his deal.

Still a long term nickel upgrade who might be worth talking to. He won't turn 28 for another 11 months so he would be around a while..

7. It isn't worth that kind of money for a new nickelback.

8. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Name a cornerback that can cover someone for 10 seconds. I don't think you'll find any.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Whats there not to understand, and what would make him overrated? If anything, he's underrated.

Here's a seventh round pick who plays like a second round pick and is costing us 14 cents a year. He's a hard hitter, a good cover, and has made enough plays to help us pull off atleast a couple of wins this season. On the other hand, our 1st round pick of the year before (who *****es about us in public) is suspended for shooting and paralyzing a bouncer and continues to get himself in trouble by slapping puny strippers in the face, and bitting their ankles like a chihuahua.

Sure, Finnegan wouldn't be admired "as" much if he was a first or second round pick, but to get this kind of a deal out of a 7th rounder is remarkable.

10. Product Of A Pass Rush!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar