Coughlin the league's best coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Good thing that it wont happen

Unless you consider 8-8 a "good" year.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

to the rams that's pretty good

3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It is to Fisher supporters too :p

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't think Coughlin was fired for his record so much... He's a notorious hardarse. He pretty much alienated the Jacksonville fanbase. Called them out for poor attendance to games. After a few bad years while they were purging their roster due to the salary cap (much like we did), fans and the organization weren't willing to cut him any slack. They just cut him. A mistake if you ask me. Fisher did have his number though. Still does.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not going to do aline by line response to Childress' post but Coughlin has not changed his coaching philosophy hardly at all. And he is not the one making the draft picks.

The Giants front office is one of the best in the league and keeps drafting great players like JPP.

So it hasn't helped for Coughlin to have a QB who will probably be in the hall of fame who never misses a game with injury? That hasn't been a great asset? That Eli is one of the best big game QBs of this era?

What a coincidence that the best coaches happen to have the best QBs.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He had some losing seasons after a period of success and playoff teams. That normally will get a coach fired.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are not reading this thread are you? There is a perception now that Coughlin is an elite coach and some people think he is the best. I didn't say he is the best coach. It is not just cleveland!

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...hlin-bill-belichick-mike-mccarthy-mike-tomlin

The sporting news article lists him as #1. Does everything have to be explained?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty sure when RollTide isn't online he is just arguing with himself.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought we were here to discuss and argue about things pertaining to the nfl and the titans. I didn't know this was supposed to be a circle jerk of agreement.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You rarely make a damn bit of sense so coming from you, yes.

And Coughlin is NOT the best coach, he's just lucky.

Unlike you I don't go for what ever someone from Cleveland or AOL says.

Unlike you I watch games and can form my own opinion.

And more importantly, unlike you, my parents aren't brother and sister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar