Could a CJ restructure mean...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hug a Jag, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Hug a Jag

Hug a Jag Starter

A draft day trade?

We could package our 1 and CJ to move up a couple of spots to take a Bortles, Manziel, or even Bridgewater if he lasts through the first few picks.

This, IMO, would be genius.

The other team would be getting CJ and could settle for Carr in the first if they so choose.

Thoughts?
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

No Manziel. Do not need VY part 2!
    • High Five High Five x 5
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I'd love it if we could pull this off.
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

They had better not take Manziel.....I don't truly see anyone worthy of trading up for...Nobody is really 'Lights out" if you will...
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

The only thing is that none of those QB's are game changers, in my opinion. CJ is still a game changer in the right offense. Without CJ, even if Bridgewater or Manziel pan out, what skill position weapons do you have on O (Wrigth is proving to be a "possession" reciever, not a game changer, Hunter is up and down, Walker doesn't move the needle for me as much as CJ does)? If you go QB, you need skill players around him that can make plays. We don't have that on a consistent basis yet. And we also don't have the D that we'll keep us in games with good teams if the O struggles. I would like to see how Wisenhunt uses CJ before I start talking trade right now. The Titans have nice pieces on O, but not game changers. at least CJ has shown he can change a game with hs skill set. His issue , I think, has more to do with scheme and O-line than his diminishing skills. After this year and CJ is only getting 1k yds, then yeah, trade him. But I say go another year with CJ, on a restructured deal of course.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

That being said, I hope they get something..ANYTHING...for CJ
  7. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Whiz attended Bridgewater's Pro Day. Interesting.
  8. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

I think a restructure of CJ contract could mean that CJ is.....BACK! haha (explosions) We really don't know what the front office is thinking and by CJ tweets, if the truth, we don't know the truth. We have 3rd hand knowledge. I reserve my opinion about him and the situation until the truth comes out, which he said is coming.
  9. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Could a restructured CJ stay in TN? Could a new regime return him to a productive back?
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I dont think they really want him TBH.