Could the Titans pursue LJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ncaalover12, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

If he doesn't reach a long-term deal with KC, obviously. Would MR and Fisher even go for something like that? You guys think we'll just head into training camp with the current RB's on the roster or are there any chances of bringing in another (vet maybe)?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's a proven star. So no, we wont pursue him.

3. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Yeah, I kinda figured that...I can dream though right?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

LJ's days in this league are numbered
    Herm Edwards does a good job of killing RB's

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

IDK why but I wouldn't want him even if he would come cheap. Sure it will be nice but I see Eddie George in him. He looks good now but.. sooner or later your going to see a 3YPC average. I can just sense it happening

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We'd have to invest waay too heavily. We'd have to give the chiefs a lot to get him, and pay him a ton. Considering the wear and tear on him, I'd rather not.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like our RB's.

I think LenDale will be fine.
    Henry will be WAY better than we expect...

and Brown... well I don't know whether we will see Jekyll or Hyde.
    Doesn't matter.

Our team isn't about to pursue a pricey vet nearing the end of his career.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too expensive..

Micheal turner will be an ufa next year and i would rather get him for half the price.

If LJ has a solid season of 1300+ yards he will want at least a 5 year deal worth about $10M per. He will be 28 in november and is coming off a 400 carry season. I would be very careful breaking the bank with him. The eddie george comparison is not a bad one. This is a big back.

Turner on the other hand has no wear as a backup and is 3 years younger. Maybe $5M a year will be enough to get him.

The obvious hope is that either henry or white or both play well enough for us not to have to make any high priced signings or draft picks at that position. We should be set there for a while..

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i dont want him, tennessee doesnt want him, MR, and Fisher dont want him...so why get him???

hes not gonna come cheap so lets just end this discussion.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Michael Turner no doubt. Turner would be an excellent offseason aquisition if none of our guys shine this year. Then again I said that about Stallworth... and Graham... and Clements... and Kearney... and oh nevermind. PLEASE SOMEONE SHINE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar