Could the Titans pursue LJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ncaalover12, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sure he's not. He just doesn't spend money when we have it and stink. What's he going to do? Wait 'til we go 4-12 to acquire some help?

and P.S. - MR wasn't the GM for the Seahawks.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no, but he was their cap guy.

"In his primary role, Reinfeldt will oversee player contract negotiations and manage the team’s salary cap."

http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?SecID=45&ID=5278

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

why oh why are people so interested in getting Turner? I’m sure everyone is now going to respond to this post with a bunch of stats and crap and try to convince me that he’s better than LT. I admit he’s good, and he might even be a starter somewhere, but I don’t think he’ll be ever great or even above average. I don’t want him, and I think it would be mistake if the titans invest more than 2 cents on him. I have no idea why ppl are sold on him already when he hasn’t done anything on his own

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Theres every reason to think he will be decent to very good as a starter. Yes when he's in the D is a bit more tired but his break tackle % is very impressive no matter when he plays. He's a solid pass catcher and blocker and flat out produces. He was great in college and has been very good in the NFL. He's is built like a truck, very strong, and has great speed.......every thing is there to be great and he's a good guy in the couple times I've seen him in interviews. He's not going to start behind a sure HOF RB obviously but on a lot of teams in the NFL he would be a starter and a very good one. If we get him in the offseason he doesn't have a lot of wear and tear and is pretty young and you have a pretty good idea of what our getting from his production and what he has done.

If LW doesn't produce we should sign him even if CH does well because LW struggling could mean him being released and Brown is gone no doubt after this year barring a miracle. 2 back systems are becoming more and more popular now because it gives you 2 fresh backs which means more production and prolonged careers for the RB's. C-Hen and Turner that would be an exciting duo.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Does not offering money to Clements and Stallworth registered in your mind?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We won't be going after any RB in FA unless White and C. Henry totally bomb out this year. I also don't think the FO would spend the money on LJ. He is a great RB but pouring that much money, way more than double what Henry got with Denver, into a RB simply doesn't make sense. The guy could stub his toe like Eddie and the team that purchased his services would be screwed. He also has quite a bit of wear and tear on his body, carried over 400 times and caught 41 passes last year. That is a lot of hits and he is starting to get close to 30.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats true, we made offers to guys but we were not willing to go insane to get Clements and it appears the Stallworth offer was high enough but he simply chose the Pats instead. We also made a decent offer to KJ but he decided to retire (thankfully IMO). Curtis was way over paid IMO for his level of talent, even more so than Bennett.

I do think you will not see this FO going out and spending mega bucks on any FA and will simply refuse to get in bidding wars with guys. In hindsight the one guy I really wish we had gone after hard was Adalius Thomas. 270 pounds but runs like a LB. Look at what Freeney got and Thomas is as good of a player and more versitile. He could line up at OLB, DE and ILB. Even at 7.5 mil a year he was worth it IMO (note while I thought he was a perfect OLB in the Pats 3-4 he has been playing ILB as well). You think the Pats defense will be tuff this year? He was the one gy in FA who could turn our defense around.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

im marking this one down....

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

great point, people dont understand we offered more money to Stallworth, MR cant control where a player WANTS to play, he can just offer him a salary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar