Could Titans Trade Up?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I wouldn't personally have a problem with drafting a guy like Barron. My only issue is this:

Is he over-hyped because he is the only safety worthy of a early round grade? Being that the safety class is great next year, I just have a problem taking someone NOW and in the first round. We clearly need a CB WAY more than a SS at this point in the offseason (if you're going to address the secondary early).

I'd rather wait until next year when the class is deeper.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think that is why we tagged Griffin. Keep him for a year and take a safety next year from a better class.

3. Why not trade back and pick up an extra second round pick. Get konz first round

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I would like to trade up in the 2nd round if for some reason Still or Curry fell past the 40th pick or so....I don't think we need to trade up in the first...there will be plenty of talent at 20 to choose from, and teams want too much for trading up in the first.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I would like to see us do this.

1. Stay at 20 and take Mercelius, Hightower, or Barron. Then, trade up in round two, and take Jenoris Jenkins. Get two stud defensive players.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I feel what you're saying, but I can guarantee you we ain't touching Jenkins. If we trade up in the 2nd it will be for Curry, Still, Worthy, or maybe even Konz if he falls...I would not be opposed to trading up for any of these guys...

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'd be ok with trading up for one of those guys. I still think Jenkins has the talent you take the risk on though, although I understand and am cool with why the FO might not be.

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

This is part of why i have Barron as a late 2nd/early 3rd round prospect. Next year is going to be very strong at safety and i think that we don't go secondary until round 4 at the earliest

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I feel there is a real possibility we trade up in the 2nd round for Konz but then again there is a strong chance he falls to us at 52. OC's are not a skill position and a lot of teams will pass him up for that reason.

10. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I'm on board with a guy like Dre Kirkpatrick as opposed to Barron. Kirkpatrick has the skills to contribute at CB straight away and will probably eventually transition to safety. He has the skills to be a dominant safety. Even if Barron dropped i'd be more inclined to go with Kirkpatrick because of his versatility...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar