Could we do a RB trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It may be White isn't a part of the Titans offense for quite a while. The team won't rush him back from a hammy. Then you have to deal with the contract issues and you can bet he's going to want more than #45 money. I could see him holding out more than Young. And we know what happens to holdouts as far as rookie production goes.

I would keep both Brown and Henry.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

i could def. see White holding out.. but he won't.. he knows he needs to get his @$$ in gear... and I think Chow will make sure that happens....

3. H Man

H Man Guest

Excellent!!:lol:

4. H Man

H Man Guest

Yes, it may be a while, but it could also be immediately, as well. The hammy might not be that bad. He hasn't done much to aggrivate it since the NCAA Championship Game in January (4 mos.). He might want more $ than a #45, but he might not. I'm hoping that being drafted #45 is a motivating factor to get his koondingy into camp ASAP. Either way...it's speculation.

I agree with rookie production and holdouts. They always seem one step slow. But it normally doesn't seem to affect the RB position as profoundly as most others...IMHO. And, remember where he played...Norm Chow...

In my perfect world, I would keep both Brown and Henry this year. Indulge me here - I would also have my genie blink and renegotiate McNair's contract down, let VY sit for 2 yrs, sign Ty Law, win the division, clinch homefield, and win the Super Bowl !!!:))

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yeah, I'll take that option too, but in case reality kicks in...

I think we'll keep all three, at least for the start of the year. We need to see what White can do in camp and preseason before we can make any decisions. I think he'll probably holdout for more than #45 money, but I think we'll probably give him a better deal (I'd give him #33 money, he shouldn't get first round money, but we got a heck of a deal, might as well show him some good faith. If we lose McNair we've got a little bit to spend). Anyway, Henry is really cheap, so we'll probably keep him unless another team came to us. Brown is in a contract year, so he's got tons of motivation. Bottom line, I think this year is the test of which two RBs we keep for next year. If Henry shows up, we could try to trade brown late if someone has a RB go down, since they'd have to renegotiate with him anyway. Henry is too much of a question mark because of the drug issue to rely on until we know white is the real deal.

As for the others, Payton is gone, I don't know about Nash, could we put him on the PS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar