Could we still win the division???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by leefrone, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leefrone

leefrone Camp Fodder

I know I'm being very optimistic in the following scenario, keyword "very", but how lucky would we be if ...

Titans win out the rest of their games finishing 11-5 overall and 4-2 division.

Colts go 2-3 the rest of the year with three losses coming from Titans, Texans, and Jags and wins over Ravens and Oakland. That leaves them at 11-5 and 3-3.

Jags go 3-2 rest of year beating Colts(see above), Panthers, Raiders and losing to Steelers and Texans. That leaves them at 11-5 and 3-3.

Even if Texans win out, they already have six losses, so they could at best be 10-6. We do however need the texans to beat both the colts and jags in this scenario.

AFC South

Titans 11-5 4-2
    Colts 11-5 3-3
    Jags 11-5 3-3

What would be even crazier would be Cleveland losing some games and Titans get the 4 seed in the playoffs with Colts and Jags as wilds. Three teams from our division make the playoffs. The Titans would play the colts two weeks in a row ( Week 17 and 1st rd of playoffs ). I'm not sure if 3 teams from same division have made it the playoffs before much less if two teams met the last week of the season and the 1st round of playoffs, both scenarios I think would be really cool.

We will definetly know after tommorow. Like I said, very optimistic. Hopefully the return of Haynesworth creates the spark we need to turn it around. I can't wait till tommorow. Vince will be looking to impress his old hometown.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Lots of possibilities but few realities.

The Titans need to focus on winning a game.

3. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

well put titanjeff

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I assume the original post was meant in jest or else the poster should tested for a drug addiction. The Titans will be lucking to go 8-8 with their schedule not having any easy outs. The Jets in December in New York and KC in KC are tough places and with teams that will be playing spoilers with nothing to lose. The Colts will be healed up and may rest starters for a good portion of the game. Still I say Texans- W, San Diego-L, KC-L, Jets-W, Colts-L. 8-8. If we finish 6-10 I wouldn't be surprised but if we somehow go 10-6 I would be shocked.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We have a soft schedule. You all but admit that. I'd say 10-6. KC and the Jets are bad football teams. The Chargers are skittish. The Colts will have clinched and it's on their coach if they want to beat us. After today, we hold the 6th spot again. We control our own destiny and we play some pretty weak teams.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I say we just concentrate

a) on beating the Chargers.
    b) making the playoffs.

Let's worry about winning the division in 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar