Could you out-coach Fisher?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Apr 25, 2010.

?
  1. YES - I'm 100% confident.

16.4%
  2. NO - that would be foolish

61.8%
  3. Maybe. I'm great at Madden.

16.4%
  4. I am a Klingon

5.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Tim was an ordinary guy he wouldn't be getting that.

You need to be famous as well.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm guessing Brazilian

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

No don't say that; I'm sure there is at least one girl with a big heart and big other stuff that might go for average guys like us. At least thats what I tell myself at night :)

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Actually the bears made him a coach after he broke his leg in 1985 because they liked his leadership and football savvy. Fisher at the time was 27 and Mike Ditka saw something special there.

Buddy Ryan thought enough of him to make Fisher his D-coordinator at the age of 30. Those were great defenses.

So Ryan and Fisher saw something special in him he didn't just decide to be a coach.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The situation everybody needs to imagine is a conference with Dinger and Munch and other offensive guys. Are you able to run that conference in a way that makes them believe you are competent and knowledgeable or will they notice that you are just some guy from the street? They are not going to do your job for you.

The number one thing a coach has to do is inspire confidence in the organization. Would Gloat be able to do that? Hoffa maybe he was a great union leader but gloat would have them rolling their eyes. He's got us rolling our eyes right here.

Anybody who thinks being a coach means calling more tricks plays or blitzes is mistaken. There are dozens of very rich professionals you have to inspire and work with.

There was an event that was talked about when Shula's kid was coaching the Bengals. Veteran linebacker Gary Reasons came off the field and while Shula was talking to him he playfully pulled down his cap.

Many people saw that as a sign that the Bengal players did not totally respect their young coach and the team failed. Shula was an NFL assistant and his dad was a hall of fame coach yet that didn't help him. What more some guy who doesn't know what he is doing?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not about trick plays and blitzes, it's about putting your team in the best situation to win- which Fisher blows at.

And we're not being literal. Since you bring up proving yourself to Dinger and the other staff. Just saying- if it were a game time decision- Fisher gets deathly ill and they sub one of us in... the team wouldn't miss Jeff Fisher, I'd guarantee that. They wouldn't perform any worse.
    And Dinger would probably be thrilled because he could finally call more than the 10 plays Fisher gives him to work with.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Deuce butchering those prepositions....

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

not necessarily, I'm only 20, so it's possible i could still be alive, long lives seem to run in my family, and another reason not to drink is that it cost money, and with something that addictive you will lose a lot of it

9. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Yes, i do not believe in premarital sex or any other kind of sex outside of marriage.

10. Wraith

Wraith Starter

there where 3 better looking girls in my high school, and my graduating class had 36 people in it, and yes they would give regular guys a shot. when it comes to beautiful women, most guys are scared to talk to them, so if you do so and aren't a jerk trying to do things then you always have a shot,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar