Cowboys Cut Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im just stuck on who to trust.

1. Reports of a team source saying they will not go after TO

2. Fans and ESPN saying there is a shot he lands in TN.

i think im just gonna stay in the middle.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh so now you've backed down from the "a source inside the team denied" angle? The Tennessean had a link about the denial for maybe 15-20 minutes. After that, it was gone. So maybe they presumed the team wasn't interested, wrote it up, then did their fact-checking, and someone on the team said, "We're not saying that." Then it comes down.

Mortenson reported that T.O. and Fisher have a respectful relationship of some sort.

Also, I notice there is still no news about it this morning in the Tennessean.

One thing that was brought up last night was that Jerry Jones hadn't officially cut him in the hopes a team might pass the Cowboys a mid-late pick. The advantage is the team getting Owens wouldn't have to negotiate a new contract. They would have to pay his $5M salary for this year. I don't know if his release is official yet, but if the team were indeed interested, I would offer a 6th in order to save potentially two or three million more.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Now you're back on the team source again. Where do you keep seeing or hearing this? Is it "The Voice of Common Sense"? Seriously, I'm just curious.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think I just chit my pants.

Even a remote possibility of T.O. coming to Tennessee?

Wow.....I tell you what.....Wow.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jessestylex

rotoworld.com posted it yesterday, but the link to their source has been removed.

but just 3 minutes ago ESPN showed 17 teams they have confirmed they are not interested in TO and Titans were not on the list.

and TO's agent said they should have a deal done by the end of next week with a team. i guess we have to wait and see what happens.

6. jessestylex

“These are several teams that are interested in signing Terrell,” Drew Rosenhaus told us Friday morning. “I have been in negotiations with these teams. I will not identify these teams at this time.”

So how quickly will this process unfold?

“Terrell and I expect to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner,” Rosenhaus said.

A total of sixteen teams (and counting) appear on our Anti-T.O. List, reflecting the teams that publicly or privately have said that they won’t be pursuing the free agent.

In our view, possible destinations include the Broncos, the Raiders, and maybe even the Colts.

But we’ve got a feeling that, if Owens lands anywhere, it could be with a team that no one expected to be in the running.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/06/rosenhaus-says-several-teams-are-interested-in-owens/

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

To be fair to him I think the chit was going to hit the fan for Cowboys last season with or without TO.

Wade Phillips blew it big time last season and I'm baffled as to how he still has his job.The Cowboys didn't just under achieve they imploded.

In spite of my reservations I can't deny it would be a huge upgrade if we signed him.Teams would have to respect our passing game as well as our running game.At the same time though I'd feel like the frog carrying the scorpion across the river.

He's currently filming his own reality show.Can you imagine Fisher letting a circus like that go on in the Titans facilities?

Who'd have thought we'd ever be talking about or being mentioned as a possible team to sign him.

9. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

drew rosenhaus says he'll have a contract by next week and is in negotiations with several teams..just heard it this morning on mike and mike

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wouldn't like to see it happen but Indianapolis would be a good fit for TO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar