Cowboys Cut Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thanks, Jesse. Last night, and I forget if I was watching ESPN or NLFN, but one of them had a list that was 30 teams long. Titans and Raiders were the two who weren't on it, even though the Saints had already been mentioned as a possible. Sean Payton later in the day denied the Saints' interest, but personally, I think the list is a little bigger than it seems. I'd say there's probably 6 teams or so, and it wouldn't surprise me if Belicheck and Payton were hiding in the shadows among them.

I got to tell you guys, when I first heard the news, and then the actual list concept, I said Waitaminute. Is this like a league-wide conspiracy? Like, come on guys, let's show him what for. No one take him, everyone say no, and whoever gets him eventually will get a more in-line T.O. But everyone didn't get the memo, it seems. But that's really what I thought was going on. The league was black-balling T.O. :grrhee: And a few people are probably real pissed all 32 teams didn't go along. :lol: I mean, I don't think that's ever been done before.

3. jessestylex

im sure a few teams are glad nobody else wants him, cause they are prob drooling over landing him.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Like Fisher handled Pacman?

Just say no.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't believe everything that ESPN tells you.

In fact, believe very little that ESPN tells you.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Here's my take on the only benefit in signing T.O.

Popularity

There is no doubt that T.O. would be an instant attention grabber for the Titans. He is a huge draw. We would instantly have more Titans fans. Current fan base would be bolstered over a move they have wanted for so long. More games would be shown in premium time slots. Jersey and apparel sales would skyrocket. Talking heads would begin to discuss the Titans with the same regularity as the big market teams. No more excitement for the simple fact that the Titans were mentioned on a National program. We would be "contenders". He would do wonders for brand recognition.

However, bringing T.O. in is like the solid kid who has made all the right decisions, made good grades, good athlete, stayed out of trouble, but is socially invisible for those very reasons and he wants to be popular. So he listens to the "cool" kids and starts (insert stupid decision here). He is instantly a part of the popular crowd, but he has sacrificed his integrity and ideology to get there. Sure, there might not be any immediate consequences for making said stupid decision, but there will be consequences.

Are you sure you want to sacrifice future success for instant popularity?

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My first thought about TO was heck no but the more I think about the Titans situation I'm starting to think getting TO wouldn't be a bad move at all.

KC is only going to be around a few years and the teams was a legit contender last season. That means even with the loss of AH if we can add a dynamic playmaker we can be right in the thick of a possible SB run. We really have no idea where this team will be in 2 years. We don't know who our QB will be. We do have some aging players that will probably be gone like KB, KVB and of course KC and we have an owner who should be all for doing whatever it takes to win in the next year or two. On the good side the move could result in another very good regular season and a playoff run.

The negatives are minimal. Fisher should lay down the law on what will happen if things start going bad and we shouldn't have a deal with him anyway that doesn't allow us to cut him at anytime with minimal CAP implications. It isn't like TO will be taking up a precious roster spot considering we don't really care if Paul Williams has a job or not anyway. Historically TO wears out his welcome after a couple of years but early on he is usually a decent teamate so IMO the risk is minimal and really, what do we have to lose?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jessestylex

Even if TO had no TD catches, he would help open our running game. he would do wonders for CJ.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar