Coyle Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Let's not put too much weight on the Chow-Leinart relationship...if we go 5-11 next year and Fisher gets the boot, don't you think Chow will too? Chow did not get Mike Williams last year.....when WR was much more of a need at the time...than QB is today. Reese will pick who he likes best with some input from Fisher. If they pass on Young for, say Brick, or a trade down, they feel the pressure to win in 2006 and can't wait the year or two it will take to get Young ready. Anyway, I was pretty disappointed with the Offense last year...Chow did not seem like the so-called genius everyone claimed.

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Originally Posted by TitanJeff
    Brady doesn't have a cannon either.

Or Joe Montana

But they can/could run well enough to keep the Defense honest...Leinart can't move nearly as well as Brady or, from what I remember, Montana. Anyone know why he wears that knee brace?? If he takes a physical at the Combine this week, those issues may also come to light.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Ingle Martin isn't unknown...he is very well known around here.

4. whatever

whatever Guest

I want Young over Leinart too, but Tom Brady is not a mobile QB. Actually Leinart reminds me a lot of Brady, except his passes don't have as much zip IMO.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

But Brady is in the right system.
    The fans crave the deep ball, but Chow doesnt do deep balls that much. My question is, how long will Chow be here. He said when he was hired, he wanted to be a HC. As soon as Chow leaves, we might have to draft another QB because Leinhart wouldnt fit the "go for the jugular philisophy" that Hemi had and the fans generally loved.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Brady is far from a mobile QB, but he will run when he has too and runs better than Peyton Manning.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Leinart is a throwback, IMO. I may be wrong but he appears to me to be the kind who will learn fast and whose strength is reading defenses, making smart decisions, being consistent and a good leader both on and off the field. He's little flash but clutch under pressure. He may never make the cover of Madden '08 but he gets the job done.

Over the years, Fisher has continuously played the guy who was more consistent. It appears to be more imporant to him than a potential playmaker if that playmaker is also known to make too many errors. I don't know if Reese shares the same mindset but I think Leinart would be the perfect fit for the Titans and give them the best chance of challenging the soonest. He's more polished and will be ready to play by '07 if not sooner.

I'm not saying Young or Culter do not have some of these qualities or can't be excellent QBs as well but I see Leinart the least risk of the three. If he is healthy, I'd be very happy to see the Titans take him.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Jeff, Danny Weurful won a national championship and heisman and when he was reunited with spurrier, and running a similar offense as he did in college he still sucked. Not that I am comparing Leinart to Weurful, but just because he was a successful college qb means squat at this point. And how long is he going to run this offense? Does anyone really think that Chow is going to be here for more than 1 or 2 more years? I hope Cutler is impressive during the workouts because I think he will end up being head and shoulders above Leinart, so I hope he moves up to the point where we would consider taking him over Leinart. I think Leinart will be a solid QB, but if your picking # 3 in the draft then your not expecting a "solid" player, your expecting a great player, and just my opinion but I dont see leinart being great.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I see your point. But I don't see why Leinart's success at the college level won't translate to the pros. He ran a pro offense and repeatedly won with it showing traits I think are key to being successful in the NFL.

I think too many people get hung up on arm strength and don't look at the things which makes a QB great in the NFL. How many of the top QBs in the league right now would you say have excellent arms?

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Leinart was also the qb of an offense loaded with talent, which I think played a big part in him running the offense to the level he did, thats nothing against him, thats just being truthful.

I think most of your top QBs have pretty strong arms. Not everyone has the arm of Favre or Leftwich obviously, but even your Mannings and Brady and Delhommes can sling it down the field pretty well. Leinart reminds me of Couch from a physical standpoint, and I was not sold that Couch was worth the top pick because of his physical attributes. I think Couch could have been solid if he didnt lose his confidence, but he wasnt going to be Peyton Manning or Brett Favre.

At this point its all speculation from both our standpoints, but let me ask you this. If Cutler shows he has a stronger arm, is more mobile, and every bit as intelligent wouldnt it make sense to go with him over Leinart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar